I wanted to post something rather quick....just so you all would know what a lovely Christmas my family had. As we didn't spend the day with anybody, I didn't take pictures, so I am afraid you must deal with my words. ;-)
It was a nice, relaxing day. We did our traditional gifts to Jesus and our final Advent story first, like we always do. Then, we opened presents. Suffice to say, yes I did receive many nice things, including several for my hopechest. (And "Return of the Daughters" too.) We talked to both sets of grandparents before we ate our brunch. Now, this is different. In years past, we have gone to someone's house and had a big dinner. This year we shook it up. We had an egg casserole, fruit compote, and orange bread. It sure was yummy!
The afternoon we spent watching some of season 8 "Little House on the Prairie." And lastly, we ate cheesecake, made by me this year, and watched "It's A Wonderful Life." So, you see, it was a nice day, and I think we made God a big deal in all that we did. After all, we celebrate because of HIM!
Yesterday, Dad and I did our "every other year, if something decent is playing" trip to the movies. We saw National Treasure 2. (And just in case you are curious, aside from two low dresses and one unnecessary kissing for distraction scene, it was really good.) It was nice to spend time with him.
And today, I decided to spend some of my Christmas money and I bought several pieces of sheet music, one of which is "You Raise Me Up." My hope and prayer is that with all of my music, the Lord will use it mightily for His glory. That is why I play!
So, there you have it. This was a very minor weekend recap. I hope you all had lovely times with your family. I sure did! Posting...well, I will get back to "A Modest Carol" soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











8 comments:
Hello Ella,
I am so glad you had a great and relaxing Christmas. I had a great Christmas as well, except that I had (have) a bad cold! :) Oh well, it was still a beautiful and amazing Christmas.
Hope you are doing well!
In Christ,
Kaysie
It was kind of fun having a quiet Christmas this year. It is the first Christmas since you have been born that we haven't been with friends or family. So, of course, it was different, but it wasn't lonely or sad to be that way. I enjoyed our day...and the cheesecake was delicious!
Hi! It is Amy again. My sister received 'Return of the Daughters' for Christmas also. I really liked it. I would really like to see National Treasure 2, but my parents have to approve it first! I am so glad I found your blog. It is a great encouragement.
Kaysie, I am so sorry that you had a cold. I dislike those things!!
Mom, I am glad you liked the cheesecake...though I want to figure out how to get them not to crack!
Amy, I am curious....where did you find my blog? I have only watched a bit of "Return of the Daughters." I bet it will be great. Yes, parents approving movies is a good thing. I read Plugged in Online (it's on my sidebar) It is a fabulous resource.
So glad you all had nice Christmases.
Ella, you have such a lovely, God-glorifying blog here! I am looking forward to reading many more of your posts, and I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. If you like Jimmy Stewart, you will definitely love Shop Around the Corner. :) Thank you for visiting!
In Christ,
Sara
Hey Ella,
In answer to your question, I don't really mind having a birthday that close to Christmas. There is actually something rather special to me about being a "Christmas baby"! The only "bad" thing is that being in the season that it is, you are limited about what you can do to celebrate. For instance, no barbecues,no trips to the zoo...things like that. But, as you said, i didn't have any choice in them matter...it was all God's doing! I just thank Him that I was born, healthy and very much alive!
have a Happy New Year, dear Ella! Any special plans? We don't. My family and I plan to just welcome in the new year among the three of us...peaceful and quiet. :-)
Hey,
I found your blog through Anna Lofgren and Miriam Hart's blog, Maidens of Worth. And I got to see National Treasure 2 on New Year's Eve. I didn't like it as much as the first, but it was still fun. I really enjoy your blog.
~Amy~
Amy, I am glad to know where you find me from. I am also glad you liked National Treasure 2. I would say I liked 1 better because it was the American Revolution; I prefer that over "western" history...even though I live in the west=) I pray that you are ministered to through my blog!
Post a Comment