I am trying to make the most of spring break. While I am being a backslider and not setting the alarm clock, I still try to do history every day (which isn't going like I wanted it to.=) I also felt that I needed to declutter, which is hard for me as I am a pack rat....and not afraid to admit it too! Mom has been after me to get my desk space clean (and she has often stated that there is no room in the craft room to do much walking around.) Well, I finally listened to her good and sound advice, for this week I decided to do it.
I sure wish I had a before photo! It looked like a cyclone had ripped its way across my desk! Now, all of my HopeChest Magazine work is filed and put away (instead of sitting on top) Golly, I could even put a bouquet of fake flowers on here!
I realize just how essential order and neatness is. It is something that I want to carry over into my future household someday. I want my home to be a haven--and a relatively neat one at that. After all, my Lord is a God of order; He desires me to be that way as well. Besides, you feel like you have accomplished something important when all is said and done!











13 comments:
I definitely work better in an atmosphere that is de-cluttered. That is why I really don't like much on my kitchen counters in the way of appliances. I prefer having a clear counter and then, when I want a specific appliance, I will get it out of the cabinet. However, the stack of paper that sits on the edge of the counter, just never seems to go away, does it?
In the same way, books (like Usborne) with lots of different pictures on every page seem to overwhelm me. They look cluttered and chaotic to me, and I just don't function well in that kind of environment.
Good job on those projects!! Your desk looks great!
Love,
Mom
Oh, I love a clean desk! :)
I prefer to throw things away...if I could get away with it, I would throw out anything that didn't belong where it was laying without even looking at it (of course that's not even realistic!).
Especially if it's junk on the kitchen counter, that's like "my space". I can't think if I can't see ALL of the kitchen counters.
I am just a *little* strange though! :)
Great job Ella! I know the feeling - it feels great to be organized! Great job making the most of your extra time during spring break!
Hi Ella,
I did the same thing during my Spring Break. I cleaned out my desk drawers and my dresser drawers! Yes, the feeling of "clean" is wonderful! I still have more work to do but it sure felt good to get some of that nasty clutter into the trash bag!
Have a great rest of the week,
Megan
Ella,
No I have never bought from the online stores I listed on by blog. I have the same problem as you, though! I am a HUGE fan of Old Navy b/c their clothes always fit-except for jeans. I'm too pear shaped for their pants! <><
I love having a clean environment! It is so much nicer than having a messy one. Speaking of which, I should go clean my room... :)
Mom, one of the things I would love to tackle is the stacks on the counter! I don't like having piles, especially in the kitchen. (Though I have to wonder how I put up with my desk so long.) Now, Usborne doesn't bother me too bad, but I see what you mean.
Jessica, I love a clean kitchen! You aren't strange.
Anna, it felt great to get things done this week, even though I didn't set the alarm clock!
Megan, I try to keep my drawers cleaned out periodically. I mean, if I want new things, I need to go through the old ones.
Anna, clean enviornments are wonderful!
Looks great Ella, you're certainly doing something productive with your spring break (I can't say so much for myself).
Looks good! You know, it's also very important for us to declutter our lives. We often store up filthy junk inside of our hearts, so we need to confess to God and he will clean it out! I like your blog!
Vanessa
Looks great, Ella! This is a wonderful practice to cultivate NOW :-) Our biggest paper trap is our office, but what gets me in gear is the fact that it is the first room you see when you enter our home. You can also see whether our office is cluttered or neat from the front window. But anyway - great job!
Vanessa, so very true! God wants us to declutter and destress so we can be still before Him.
Mrs. Beverly, certain spots in our house get me too. But for now, I must deal with them!
I guess I must really love stress. You should see my desk. A clean desk does look alot nicer. Gael u tri'n 2 mkae me look bad wtih taht ncie klean dsek? Gosh!!!
Like my spell'n?
Love the spelling, Dad! But I am not trying to show you up!
Post a Comment