My book finally arrived! Well, actually, it did on Thursday. I had been looking forward to reading Alex and Brett's book for quite a while. It seemed like forever for them to write it and then for it to come out. However, the book was definitely worth the wait!
It had what every book should. It made you laugh (who couldn't with the shower story) and it made you think. I cannot emphasize that point enough. I am totally a Rebelutionary at heart, but Do Hard Things reinforced that even more. However, it made me ask questions like, "am I being faithful in the small hard things," or "am I remembering that my 'big hard things' are just that--hard--and yet are for my benefit?" It was a book that showed that teens are making a difference, even though it might seem so small a movement right now. However, we all do have different roles to play.
Yet the thing I appreciated most about Do Hard Things was that God was given the credit in it all. Alex and Brett, and all the others featured, made it clear that they struggle. They just strive to live for God, and they leave the rest up to Him. The acknowledgements said it best: "we deserve Your wrath, but You give us grace."
I cannot do the book justice. (Though I do have two posts that will show up this week;-) You all just need to read Do Hard Things for yourself. You won't be disappointed!











5 comments:
How exciting! I can't wait to read this book too. Don't you just love the Harris brother's style of writing? Not to mention the deep content!
Thanks for your review!
Kaysie
Kayise, Alex, Brett, and Josh write differently, yet in a way that readers can follow, understand, and enjoy. It definitely was a good read. You should get to it soon!
Ella, I was just about to post on this book on the Girl Inside blog. Do you mind if I link to this post? Let me know!!
It is so neat how one book is permeating a whole movement of blogging teens and uniting us even more than before, drawing us together as rebelutionaries! I myself bought the book on Saturday and have yet to finish it...
Thank you for a wonderful book review!
I'll have to read it soon, it sounds great!
Post a Comment