Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Mother's Love


Mothers are one of the most wonderful blessings from the Lord. They are the women who willingly sacrifice their desires and dreams in order to fulfill ours. They do the little mundane things that never get recognized. Far too often, we take these precious moms for granted....and that's stinks!
My mom is one of those wonderful people. She sacrificed some precious sleep last night to comfort me in the midst of stomach cramps. I felt bad about waking her up; she has trouble sleeping anyway. But she didn't turn me off and say, "I do not have time for you." She did quite the opposite.
In today's society, being a mother and a servant is something looked down upon. No one seems to have a problem with a girl whose desire is first and foremost be a doctor, lawyer, politican....even a chef. But a MOTHER??!! That's ridiculous, unimportant.....right? Well, for the record, that is my greatest desire.
By watching my mom take care of me, she has given me great source material for my future. I am so thankful for her today!! And I love her dearly!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, precious daughter. I love you too and am so thankful for the blessing of being your mom.

I think motherhood is the most glorious role that a woman could aspire to. I was so encouraged by the recent newsletter from Vision Forum. Truly, motherhood used to be esteemed in this country. I pray it will be so again.

Love,
Mom

Megan said...

Well said Ella! I'm so thankful for my dear mother and all that she has sacrificed for me.

Rachel said...

Ah, so true. Mothers are such precious things!

Ella said...

I am glad we are all agreed on this point!

I love you, Mom!

Anonymous said...

I truly agree with you, Ella!
Oh why is motherhood looked down on in todays world? It is the greatest way to change the world! :)

Kaysie

Anna Naomi said...

I so look forward to motherhood... And you're right, this occupation, though most essential, is so often looked down on. We can change that!