
I saw this "tagging post" on Julia's blog. While she didn't tag anyone (thank goodness!) I thought it would be fun and enable you to get inside my head for a little while. Since I am not studying for a few more weeks, I find I am in a more relaxed posting mood. Hope you enjoy it!
1.) Favorite Smell... Whatever Mom has in our tart burner. Some days it's apples and cinnamon. Today, it is blueberries and cream.
2. Favorite Food... Something warm!! Contrary to Julia's opinion, I think MY Mom makes the best chili in the world....so that is always good. Though most of our homemade soups, like pasta e fagoli, cheesy chicken chowder, or split pea hit the spot.
3. Favorite Color... Red. It looks beautiful on the trees and it works with my coloring too. I can wear red and it helps hide the blotches in my cheeks that come with autumn and cooler temperatures.
4. Favorite Drink...Okay, if it is something cold, it is a pumpkin shake, hands down. The best is at Dairy Queen with the second best being a locally owned place. But if I want something hot, it is Candy Cane Lane tea (which is a combination of peppermint and vanilla)
5. Favorite Treat...The pumpkin shakes are a treat. We get them about twice during the fall season. I do enjoy rice crispy treats too.
6. Favorite Place to Visit... Usually, we go to Yellowstone National Park in the fall months, late August early September. It is less crowded, but the animals are still around. But with the economy as it is....a second trip was not in the budget...so no Yellowstone =(
7. Favorite Candy...Reese's peanut butter cups are my favorite candy any time of the year.
8. Favorite Movie To Watch...I don't know any autumn related movies really. Now, around Christmastime....that is a whole different story! I will share what we watch when December rolls around.
9. Favorite Clothing to wear...I really detest fall and winter clothes. I don't like having my toes closed in; my hair gets messed up by my coat. I probably enjoy my knitted shawl the most and my jeans second. I much prefer skirts, but I mostly have summery ones--and jeans keep my legs warm!
10. Favorite Outdoor Activity...Our nature walks are really pleasant in the fall, except when the wind is up. At the zoo, the animals tend to like the colder temperatures, so we see them out and about more.
11. Favorite Football Team ...Boise State Broncos without a doubt!!! We're 4-0!...hopefully 5-0 by Sunday =) As it relates to pro, I go for the New York Giants and the Indianapolis Colts.
12. Favorite Fall Holiday... Thanksgiving, of course! (We don't do Halloween)
13. Favorite Haunted place (haunted as in frequently visited)... My bedroom. When I do school, I will snuggle beneath my fleece blanket. I also like being downstairs--the heat relatively stays down there.
14. Favorite Food at Thanksgiving Dinner... Mashed Potatoes and Gravy first. Green bean casserole, corn pudding, and rolls are my second favorites. I like the turkey, but I prefer all the trimmings!
15. Favorite Pie... That would either be Mom's homemade pumpkin pie, which is the best I have ever had. Or apple pie. Pumpkin pie has to have whipped cream; apple isn't apple without ice cream.
16. Favorite Fall Hobby... Since my long break from studying is in the fall, I enjoy doing the less brain involved things. Reading, scrapbooking, sewing, playing the piano, sometimes getting to watch tv in the middle of the afternoon.
17. Favorite Fall Memory... Probably all of our trips to Yellowstone. Our last one had some very funny times. Like when I was convinced there was a bear outside....and it was the next campsite's generator!
18. Favorite Fall Sight...The leaves changing color. Only here they go a little too fast!
19. Overall Favorite Fall Thing...The warmth of family.
20. Favorite Season...As much as I enjoy fall, I like spring more. I like that the leaves and flowers are coming and not going away!
I hereby tag whoever wants to participate!











2 comments:
Fun post, Ella! Many of your favorites are some of mine as well. I enjoy fall, and am looking forward to being home this weekend and baking fall treats!!
I'm with you on everything you listed, except for apple pie. I know it's a bit un-American, but I'll skip it...and take 2 slices of pumpkin instead.
One of the things I love about fall is the early darkness. After a busy summer, often being outside until late, I enjoy being settled inside with my family, a pot of tea, a warm quilt, and a good movie early in the evening.
Fall is my favorite season hands-down. I just wish I could live in a mild fall climate year round, as I absolutely detest winter, and I know it's just around the corner.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment