Saturday, November 15, 2008

A New Weekly Feature

My mom does something on her blog that I am going to implement. Every Friday or Saturday, she posts reviews of some old classic movies. In today's society, it is so hard to find decent things that the whole family can watch.....or so I thought. If you go back fifty, sixty, even seventy years it's a piece of cake! Our family has grown to love many new genres and many of the iconic screen legends.

However, I want input from all of you. Is there something specific you would like me to start with? Like a particular genre that you want me to highlight: Musicals, War, Gangster, Dramas, Comedies, Suspense and Mysteries....... Or is that one actor or actress that you want me to focus on: Humphrey Bogart, James Stewart, Cary Grant, Frank Sinatra, Ginger Rogers, Doris Day, and so many more I could go one forever. =)

I know many of you love musicals, but is that what you want first? Give me suggestions and I will get a schedule all ramped up. I'll start Friday! Looking forward to hearing from y'all!

11 comments:

Patti said...

I won't ask you to review Gary Cooper movies:(

I'll do that on my blog!

Love,
Mom

Anna Naomi said...

I personally like musicals best, but will enjoy hearing whatever you have to share about!

Julia said...

Hum...

Well, practically anything you review I'd like to hear about, but I'd be interested in some mysteries, a good clean comedy or two, and, (of course) Musicals! :)

Sounds like a great weekly feature!! :)

Blessings!
Julia

Anonymous said...

Oh! Musicals! Which is just a personal preference......June Allyson would be neat to highlight....Frank Sinatra would be fun! :) I'm a huge fan of old crooners. :) One movie that could be neat to start out with is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers-if you haven't done it already. It's such a classic-and hilarious! My 6 year old brother loves it! :)

Jessica McDonald said...

Anything that you'd like to review sounds wonderful to me! :-) But Dramas, Comedies or Musicals would be at the top of my list! :-D
I can't wait to read them!

Love, Jessica

Sara said...

This is a fun idea Ella!
As you know I really love musicals, but there are so many of those so I know you will need to narrow it down! I love Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Peck, Judy Garland, and Cary Grant films (not all of them are the greatest, but most of them are decent films). And Meghan I agree- I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers too!

Sara said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention Gene Kelly musicals like Singing in the Rain. I really like the musicals Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly were in together, like Anchors Aweigh.

Also, I have another idea for you. Maybe when it gets closer to Christmas you can do reviews on some classic Christmas movies, like It's a Wonderful Life and White Christmas. That might be fun. =)

Sara said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention Gene Kelly musicals like Singing in the Rain. I really like the musicals Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly were in together, like Anchors Aweigh.

Also, I have another idea for you. Maybe when it gets closer to Christmas you can do reviews on some classic Christmas movies, like It's a Wonderful Life and White Christmas. That might be fun. =)

Ella said...

Okay, Okay.....musicals are at the top of the list. Why bother to ask?! I love "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," but I am also going to make you aware of some hidden treasures. Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly, Doris Day....all of them will be covered =) To the extent that I have seen right at the moment.

Julia, I have got some clean comedies to tell y'all about.

Meghan, wow! If you know June Allyson, you must know some old movies =)

Jessica, you could do musicals just as well....probably better.

Sara, I will be doing Christmas movies as well. Our family has 17 we're going to watch starting December!

Miss S said...

I like musicals too! I also really like Audrey Hepburn movies. : )

~Miss S.

Neesie said...

Ok...I have to say musicals too! Then comedies. Two of my favorites!

Hahaha...we keep doing this to each other, but did you get my last email? I keep getting worried. :-)