Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Real Blogger Award

Courtesy of my loving mother, I have received the Marie Antoinette Real Blogger Award. Now, why in the world it is called that, I have ZERO idea.....nor does she. This award means a great deal more than you realize. Mom knows how I long to be real in what I say and write here. I never want to hide what is going through my head, mind, and heart. Anyway, she passed it on to me, and now, I am passing it on to three of you.

**Disclaimer**This does not mean I don't think all of your blogs are lovely and "real." Certain lovely thoughts come to my mind when I ready certain lovely blogs. All of you are different; that's a good thing! =) Anyway, I also thought I should limit. But hey, I could always make an award up.

First, I give this award to Kaysie. I have had the pleasure of getting to know her through her blog and occasional e-mails. It doesn't take much to see her heart in the posts that she writes. She doesn't hide her struggles and doubts; she makes it a point for you to know that she sheds tears. But then, she is just as real in how she magnifies the Lord. I love reading Kaysie's stuff. Oftentimes, we have the same thoughts and emotions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Second, I award Jessica. To know why I award Jessica, you have to have a glimpse into my past. (Creepy, isn't it?! =)

For a time, the Lord had us a part of a Church that was very legalistic in nature. You were constantly made to feel you were sinning if you listened to things other than hymns, or if you watched certain movies, or if you did things that weren't necessarily feminine. When we were led to leave, there was pain (because leaving is never easy) But with that pain also came a new sense of freedom. God showed where I had given in to subtle legalism by hiding who I really was. So, now....I feel able to listen to Josh Groban. I can watch movies (provided they line up with my standards) I can enjoy rooting for sports teams. I cannot begin to tell you how liberating it is!!

So, how does this apply to Jessica? Well, she and her family are very strong Christians....and yet they aren't sticks in the mud. They like to dance. They listen to music other than hymns and watch movies (Jessica loves musicals like I do.) She doesn't hide who she is. That means a lot to me, especially after all I have been through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lastly, I give Jasmine this award. Everything I said about Jessica applies to Jasmine and her family. I love it. But Jasmine also writes about the hard things and what her beliefs and convictions are. All throughout the election, she didn't back down from her stance/belief in Chuck Baldwin. And boy, she could care less if you agree with her or not!

This three fellow sisters in Christ have meant a lot to me. Y'all have. But for those of you who I didn't award (except in my heart) I would encourage you to check these blogs out. Meet and be encouraged by some "real" people.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehe Ella, your blog must be very well liked. :) I have awarded you an award... that probably isn't a grammatical sentence, but oh well. :P

~Madison

Jasmine Baucham said...

Thank you so much, Ella! I'm honored and blessed that you thought about me!

If I could, I'd turn around and give this award right back to you! :-)

Love,
Jasmine

Julia said...

Hi Ella,

I completely agree. :) Kaysie and Jasmine have also blessed me exceedingly, and I've just gotten to know Jessica but already I can see she is such a sweet young lady.

I think I'll make up an award of my own some time... that's a great idea!! :D

Julia

Patti said...

It really is nice, isn't it, to read blogs written by "real People." You know, people who don't give the impression that they are perfect. For since we know that we're not perfect, reading blogs written by "perfect People" only makes us more aware of the things we don't do right.

Love,
Mom

Julia said...

Hi again,

you've also been awarded by me. :) Just got the post up. :)

Blessings!
Julia

Anonymous said...

Ella, this means so much to me... I strive to write in a "real" and genuine way, and your words were such a special encouragement to me... thank you.

You have been such a kind and genuine friend to me. And I thank the Lord for you.

Kaysie

Sara said...

Ella, I can't believe how much we have in common! Years ago, my family went to a very legalistic church as well. No music was allowed at all, we could only sing the psalms (even the hymns were considered un-Godly), and the leaders believed celebrating Christmas and Easter was wrong.

I'm very thankful that my parents came to a point where they realized that all of it was rules...there was no real passion for God. It was very stifling.
We left around 6 years ago, and I am so thankful God led us to the church we are attending now.

I have checked some of these blogs out a couple of times...I'd like to read more from them. Thank you for your honest thoughts Ella!

Sara

P.S. I love musicals too. =)

Anonymous said...

I'm getting up back... I've given you another award at my blog...

Kaysie

Jessica McDonald said...

Thank you so much, Ella, I feel both humbled and blessed that you awarded me! Thank you.
I agree with Jasmine, if I could, I would give the award right back to you! Your blog posts are always such a blessing to me and your "realness" so evident in your writings!
I pray that someday we will have the opportunity to meet in person!

Love, Jessica

Ella said...

To all of you who awarded me other awards, thank you!! You all are so very dear to me!

Jasmine and Jessica, you are both so very sweet--giving me the award back =)

Jessica, I would love to meet you in person some day.

Sara, okay, so my church wasn't that legalistic! I would go crazy in one like that. But while I don't want a "free" church, I don't want something that stifles either. Yes, I love musicals! I think most people do. =)