Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Love

Thank you, Lord for a Mother's love
Love that was born with a child
Her eyes can see with wisdom
There's hope behind her smile
God has created a mother's heart
With strength to guide our way
And teach us of our God above
Thank you, Lord, for a mother's love


Even as Jesus walked the earth
He was placed in a mother's care
To hold Him close to clam His fears
His deepest thoughts to share
And as Mary's heart knew the greatest joy
And felt the deepest pain
God gave His strength from above
Thank you, Lord, for a mother's love
Thank you, Lord, for a Mother's love
Her children call her blessed
Grace and glory will be the crown
Of a heart that You possess
The greatest gift of a mother's love
Is found upon her knees
Trusting in our God above
Thank you, Lord, for a mother's love

A very happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there; say hello to them for me. To mine, I love you, Mom, so very much. I appreciate all that you do for me. Lord willing, someday, I will have a child say these things to me.

And no--I didn't write those lyrics =) But I mean them!

10 comments:

Patti said...

What a lovely Mother's Day I had. Thank you SO much for giving me such a special day. I am thankful for the privilege and joy of being your mom!!

Love,
Mom

Patti said...

I forgot to say that the photos are beautiful!! The flowers on that tree look like miniature roses. So lovely!

Jenna said...

Beautiful!

p.s. Thank you for Sense and Sensibility! We watched it for the 3 time last night...okay, okay, once for the older kids, and twice for the family...we like it!!! Thank you Ella:)

Chelsea said...

Hey, awesome blog! I love that poem about a mother's love. Even though you didn't write it, I could really tell that you appreciate and love your mom. By the way, did you take those pictures? Just wondering. Have a great day!
-Chelsea
P.S. If you'd like you can check out my blog at www.clubchea.blogspot.com.

Neesie said...

Oops, I did not see this post last night when I left my last comment! Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to you Mrs. G!

Patti said...

Neesie,
Thank you for the sweet Mother's Day wishes. I DID have a lovely day. I hope your sweet mom and Bev had a lovely day as well.

Love,
Mrs. G.

Anna Naomi said...

Beautiful words and pictures! Who did write the lyrics? It sounds like a song I would enjoy! =)

Ella said...

Thank you all so much!

Yes, I did take the photos. Yesterday, we were on this picnic and I fell in love with this tree!

Anna, I don't know who sings that. I sang it years ago in a choir and only just recently found my sheet with the words. So I can't help you.

So glad you like the movie, Jenna!

Libby said...

That is a really nice Mothers Day for you mother =D
i love your blog, you can check out mine on: http://www.htebazile-htebazile.blogspot.com

libby

The Patriot said...

Hey girl! Just wanted to let you know I was here. ;) (My host family has HIGH SPEED!)