Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I Saw God Today

Some days, it takes a conscious effort to find God. Circumstances around us point more to the Enemy of our souls than to the One who loves us more than life. Or there are the times when you are just bored--you want some positive excitement and adventure--and all you get is the same routine day....after day.....after day.

I am not by nature a negative person. I always try to find something positive in a situation. But it doesn't always happen. When I can't find something positive in life itself, I look to nature--and in the spring, I am always sure to find it.

Spring often comes quick as a flash. I have been waiting for my lilacs to really be in bloom for quite some time now. And today, I felt they were beginning to reach their prime. There is a spiritual lesson in there somewhere.....God's timing is always the best. Waiting is essential in order for true beauty to be revealed.

As you scroll those these photos, read the words to one of my favorite country songs by George Strait.
I've been to church
I've read the book







I know He's here but I don't look

Near as often as I should

His fingerprints are everywhere

Just slowed down to look

Opened my eyes

And man I swear

I saw God today

I encourage you to seek the Lord where He can be found. He is ALWAYS somewhere--even in the places we least expect. We are never abandoned. See Him today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, Ella!! It's really great! Gorgeous pictures, too!

Sara said...

Beautiful post Ella-thank you. =)

A Joyful Chaos said...

Enjoyed your post! One cannot look outside without seeing the evidence of God.

Elisa said...

That is one of the very few songs ,on the radio station that most of the people at work like to listen to all the time, that is actually good and worth listening to. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the words.

Anonymous said...

Oh those lilacs are so pretty! We have two lilac trees. One is all purple and one is half purple, half white. :)

I sometimes think of the hymn, This is My Father's World or All Creatures of Our God and King when I see/think of the Lord's beautiful creations.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. Th pictures were also very nice.

Taylor and Jordie said...

Those pictures are gorgeous and so is you blog. It was a really nice message that I think most people need to hear!

Jordie

Neesie said...

Wonderful words, beautiful pictures!

Happy Mother's Day to your mom today too. :-)