Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thanking God

I wanted to thank you all for the prayers and well wishes regarding Ginger. It was a very rough weekend for my family, one that we did not expect at all. And honestly, we had a different outcome than the one I had anticipated. I really believed we would have a dead puppy; whereas now she is alive and well, albeit taking it easy.

This past year has been one of great difficulty and tribulation. I don't feel like it is the place to give all of the reasons I feel this way, but suffice it to say, 2009 has been a year of growth and testing. It has been a year of learning how (and not always succeeding) to find rainbows in the midst of thunderstorms.

In the past month, I think God has been wanting me to learn that life is in His hands. I was so afraid to fly to Pittsburgh a month ago (can it really be that long already?!) I didn't trust as readily as I should have in the knowledge that God can protect me just as well at 35,000 feet as he can on the ground. With Ginger, I didn't trust that He can be a Great Physician to a dog as well as to people, that just because I can't help her doesn't mean He can't.

How thankful I am that my Father continues to shower me with grace as I learn more about Himself.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I am also learning to trust God's soveriegn plan. It is so easy for me to try and take control of things myself, and forget that God knows best...

So glad the pup's alright!
Blessings,
Josh

Sara said...

Ella, I just read your blog and heard about your dog! I am so sorry all of this happened to her, but I'm very thankful for all of you that she is on the mend. I will pray for her while she is recovering!