It's hard to believe, but I have been home for a week now--well, actually, I was getting ready to fly home at this time last week. I don't know where the week flew to. It seems like just yesterday I was saying good-bye to the entire Gorecki family, weeping as I said good-bye to Meghan and Sara, getting lunch at Panera Bread right before my flight--but in all actuality, I haven't seen them in seven days. I have instead found myself surrounded by my loving family; I have been catching up on all that I have missed.
However, my thoughts are still swirling in my head as it relates to my trip. Now don't get me wrong: I am not trying to determine if I had a good time or a bad time--I cannot imagine having a bad time in Pittsburgh. But I learned so much, and honestly, I didn't expect to learn anything on vacation; I just expected to have fun.
Yet I have grown a lot since I left home three weeks ago. While I am still nervous about flying, and probably always will be, I don't know how scared I am of it anymore. I have seen the type of church that my heart and spirit longs for. I have discovered that areas of my spiritual life still need improvement. I know what it is like to once again be surrounded with like-minded fellowship. And I have been reminded, like I needed a reminder, that I am a young woman whose desires and dreams don't take a vacation =)
My trip to Pittsburgh was totally God-orchestrated. My coming home was God-orchestrated. And the things He wants me to take from my time there (and I can't help but feel there are many) will be God-orchestrated too. Bear with me as I make sense of it all.
Soli Deo Gloria!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
This post sounds familar to the many conversations we had. :) I am so glad you got to come out!
Your trip really, really strengthened our friendship, too!
Love you lots!
Post a Comment