Friday, August 07, 2009

Would You Pray For Ginger?

Update at 9:33 P.M.--I am so sorry to not have done one before now. Ginger is home and sleeping on the couch. She has not had diarrhea most of the day and has not thrown up at all in the past twenty-four hours. WE'll see how things go tomorrow. Keep praying!

Update at 10:41 A.M.--Ginger remains more energetic and is keeping food down. However, she continues to have her diarrhea and consequently, we are not sure if she will be coming home today or tomorrow. We would love to today....for numerous reasons.

Update at 5:11 P.M.--Mom and I just got back from seeing her. While she is still suffering from....not so pleasant issues....she appeared to be doing better. She was more energetic (in that she was wagging her tail and sniffing around) I think we'll go see her later on in the evening and I will tell you all more then. Keep praying

Update at 2:13 P.M.--The days are long themselves. Ginger has done from one vet to another and while blood tests are coming back negative (which is a good thing) and she has kept food down for over twelve hours now, she is still not home with us. Ginger remains lethargic to most degrees and she is on fluids. I am really struggling, girls. Please be praying that I would trust the Lord.

Update at 8:08 A.M.--It has been a pretty long night. We did decide to take Ginger to an animal hospital last night, which was the first time in owning a dog eleven years we have done that. I hope I never have to do it again. She stayed overnight, but Mom has been in communication with the vet. She could be keeping a little food down, but she continues to have some throwing up and....other stuff. I'll let you know when Mom and Dad come back from picking her up....and taking her to our usual vet.

Friends serve a wonderful purpose in your life. They share with you in the good times and in the bad. They give you hugs and shoulder to cry on. And when you have the Lord in common, you can go with the other to the Throne of Christ and lay needs at His feet.

I would ask you all to be praying for our little puppy, Ginger. She isn't feeling well at all. We took her to the vet today after two days of throwing up quite a bit. We've had series of some tests...but no answers....and yet the throwing up will not cease.

I am a worry wart by nature, so of course I am a little nervous. It's probably nothing, but you would have to know what Ginger is usually like to be fully aware that something isn't right.

Please be praying for her!! And for our family that we would have peace and know what to do.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I am praying for Ginger as well as your family...I know what it's like to have an animal that is sick.

Keep us updated,
Jenna

Jenna said...

I am praying for you Ella...if you cry, I'll cry with you okay? I understand how hard it can be...
Trusting God in these hard times is a test, but it is the right thing to do...he is our comfort and our strength. Our stronghold in the times of weakness.

Blessings!
Jenna

Anna Naomi said...

I just saw this post, but I'll be praying...

Love you!

Anna

Neesie said...

Oh Ella, I'm so sorry. I had no idea that this was going on. I'll be praying. I cannot imagine putting my doggie into the hospital. :-(