Baby why you sitting here all alone,
in the bathroom crying.
Oh girl what's wrong?
You know you can tell me anything.
Are you getting nervous, bout wearin that new ring?
Well if that ain't it, is this about your dress?
I thought we've been over this...
Chorus:
Baby you can still wear white,
no matter where you've been.
No lookin back we're startin all over again.
I want you by my side, I gotta be your man.
Your perfect in my eyes.
You can still wear white.
You and your bright eyed baby girl,
mean more than anything.
Oh you're my whole world.
I can almost see her smiling,
that little basket in her hand droppin pettles down the aisle.
And if people talk, well we'll just let them talk.
Do what you want, this is only gonna happen once.
Chorus:
Baby you can still wear white,
no matter where you've been.
No lookin back we're startin all over again.
I want you by my side, I gotta be your man.
Your perfect in my eyes.
You can still wear white.
in the bathroom crying.
Oh girl what's wrong?
You know you can tell me anything.
Are you getting nervous, bout wearin that new ring?
Well if that ain't it, is this about your dress?
I thought we've been over this...
Chorus:
Baby you can still wear white,
no matter where you've been.
No lookin back we're startin all over again.
I want you by my side, I gotta be your man.
Your perfect in my eyes.
You can still wear white.
You and your bright eyed baby girl,
mean more than anything.
Oh you're my whole world.
I can almost see her smiling,
that little basket in her hand droppin pettles down the aisle.
And if people talk, well we'll just let them talk.
Do what you want, this is only gonna happen once.
Chorus:
Baby you can still wear white,
no matter where you've been.
No lookin back we're startin all over again.
I want you by my side, I gotta be your man.
Your perfect in my eyes.
You can still wear white.
Now, I know the way the song was meant to be interpreted--it's about a girl who has lost her purity and her Prince Charming doesn't care; in his eyes, she is still as pure as the day she was born. I love that message.
And yet, I also interpret it as God singing it to me. I have screw up time and time again; maybe I haven't given away my purity, but in my daily actions I have made myself sullied with sin.....and yet, I can still wear white. He gives me a fresh start and He looks at me with neverending love through it all.
So today, I want you to remember something: no matter how you have screwed up, you can still wear white in Christ's sight!











4 comments:
Wow, what a great song and it "speaks" to me too, I can totally relate to being that person stained with sin...and yet God forgives me and still love me SO much!
That songs brings tears to my eyes. I think it's beautiful.
And, yes, I can see (hear) it as the Lord's words as well. Just as the man in the song doesn't hold his bride-to-be's sin against her, neither does Jesus. He cleans us up totally no matter how we've screwed up...and allows us to be HIS bride. Talk about grace!!
Love,
Mom
PS Game day!!! Go Broncos!!!
Who sings this song? That's a very touching song-and my personal interpretation of it is simply-the beauty of the Gospel. :) The lyrics are such a message, to anyone listening, of unconditional love. :)
that's a beautiful thought Ella-thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment