I might be a summer season type of gal, but fall does have a hold on me in one particular area. I can hardly wait for college football season to roll around! My dearest friends know me well (although they have never seen just how much I transform ;-)--they know that every time Boise State plays, I will either be tuned in via TV or phone...and if they call, well, I will just have to call them back.I don't get the opportunity to go to games all that often. A friend of the family usually enables my dad and me to go to one game a year, out of the kindness of his heart. I have to tell you, there is nothing like going to a game in Bronco Stadium--the atmosphere is electric, the fans are frenzied (yes, including me), and you feel as if your yelling has the ability to sway the game in your team's favor...plus, our blue turf is amazing ;-)
Tim Tebow isn't from my team--he played for Florida (and I do hold that against him, but I won't go into my reasons now.) Not only is he an amazing quarterback, he also has an incredible story to share. It is a story that a lot of people know and they don't hold it against him. IN fact, the media respects him for it. He was dubbed by doctors as being a risky pregnancy, but his mother had him anyway. He is a Christian and proudly, unashamedly, shares his convictions with the world. He also was homeschooled....and no one asks him the inevitable socialization question ;-)
This story is a look into his life, from birth until his going into the NFL draft. If I can tell you a little secret, I have this little crush on Tim Tebow. Everything I read and know about him mirrors everything I desire in a future husband someday. This book didn't help matters, as I found out he hates to fly and ride roller coasters (both of which I hate) and loves country music.
"Through My Eyes" isn't only about fun anecdotes. There are a few profound messages in it. He encourages young people to use the platform God has given them NOW to serve Him mightily--doesn't have to be when we are rich or famous. I wish I could remember some of the quotes; I had to return the library book today =( Let me just tell you, I felt like numerous pages were written by me. Finally someone has words in print that I have been saying all along!
I highly encouage you to read this book for yourself. Okay, okay, it is heavy on the football and most of you probably might not like that. But even if you skim it, you will undoubtedly find a nugget of "something" that God will use to speak to you. For me, God used the bulk of the book....and that is why it is at the top of my wish list.











6 comments:
He isn't "Steve"! LOL So glad to see you writing more! Love you!
Oooh, that looks really good. I wasn't aware that Tim Tebow had written a book! :) I'll definitely have to check that out sometime. Wonder if our library system has it here at the opposite corner of the U.S.?
As to your having a slight crush on Tim Tebow - I think all of us christian (homeschooled) girls who happen to like football, do. :D But look on the bright side, he's probably inspiring a lot of guys out there to be like him! :D
Blessings,
Julia
LOL Mum-he isn't Steve!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
So basically, this is a review of your future husband? ;) LOL Just kidding sister...glad you enjoyed this! Enjoyed reading your thoughts...even though football is still completely foreign to me!
I have long thought that Tim Tebow just doesn't talk the talk, but that he walks the talk. He has amazing character, which was clearly evidenced through all his years of college football.
Love,
Mom
Absolutely love him! Football season IS right around the corner!:)
Go Vols!:)
How cool. This sounds great. I really admire him.
Post a Comment