Monday, February 06, 2012

What's the Point?





Opening the credit card bill is never fun. It's easy to wipe out the plastic, but dealing with paper is like pulling teeth. However, when you open the bill and discover a charge that YOU did not put on there....in fact, when it is from Jetstar Asia Airlines (in Singapore), there is a major problem going on. It causes one to call the credit card company so you can dispute charges, get a new card and make your credit card less for several days.






Having a deadline is complicated. You know that you have to send a restaurant review to your editor by a specific date.....only thing is, restaurants aren't getting back to your editor to begin with. Now, if everything is going according to the latest update, I will be getting to the restaurant next week....in a week where I need to take a College Composition test (which was supposed to happen this week until the credit card fies), an eye exam, you name it. Put it this way: life isn't following my agenda.


Fast forward to today--the day I was able to finish this post. My credit card has gotten straightened out. I'm waiting on my College Composition grade to come in. I know am beginning the phase of adjusting to contacts. The restaurant review finally fell into place. Life doesn't seem as hectic as it did. However, the title of this post remains the same: "what was the point?"


With each day that goes by, I am reminded that I do not have the answers. I never have and I never will. The reason behind how God orchestrates our days and weeks always leaves me in bewilderment....I wouldn't ordinarily say that I am a planner, but I don't like a constant guessing game.


It comes down to this. I don't need to know the point. I serve an amazing God who knows the point, the purpose. A hacked credit card seems like an inconvenience to me, but to Him, there is a higher meaning. Is it to teach me patience? Dependence? Those are valuable lessons I always need to be reminded of, especially in the midst of weeks where I focus on what *I* see, rather than what *HE* sees.


So, if you are, this week, also searching for a point to your everyday life, know that you are not alone. And be reminded, as I have been, that God has everything under control. That is the best place for our lives to be.

3 comments:

Charity said...

Good post. I'm also glad you got your credit card thing sorted out. =)

Rissi said...

That is never a fun thing to deal with - no matter what the context is. I am glad you got it straightened out though, girl. =)

Patti said...

I think all of us are control freaks to a point...some of us more than others. And we like having our ducks in a row and knowing what to expect. Trusting God with our daily circumstances isn't always an easy thing to do...especially when His plans and ours don't line up. I am STILL wondering "What is the point?" about many things.

Love,
Mom