Monday, May 14, 2012

Flying Away

I'm a contradiction, I really am. You see, I love to travel. I love seeing new places, meeting my long distance friends, and adding certain destinations to my bucket list. However, here is the problem. I hate to fly.

Actually, the word "hate" might be an understatement. The thought of being out of control and your life being in the hands of someone you don't even know--with you up in the sky where personally, I am not sure God intended humans to be. (If He wanted us to, we would have  wings. Enough said =D) As you can see, I get panicked with airplanes. Yet in order for me to go anywhere, without taking days and days to get there, I have to brave my fear and get on board.

Which leads me to this: as you are reading this post, I am up in the air, on my way to either connect in Chicago or landing in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. For the next sixteen days, I will be spending a wonderful time with some of my dearest friends. Yes, I will miss my family, but vacations are always fun! After a lot of work and school the past few months, it feels good to take a break.

I won't be taking a break from here, however. I have posts lined up and ready to go in addition to the ones I hope to write while in Pittsburgh (including some picture posts!) I do ask for prayer, though, if I come to your mind today. I might be praying the entire time I am en route and the only music I listen to is my Christian music during that time. Still, knowing that you all are praying for me would be really nice.

You will hear from me soon!

5 comments:

Rissi said...

Safe travels, Ella! Looking forward to your posts, and wishing you a lovely trip.

Don't be a stranger. =)

Charity said...

I don't mind flying. It's the airport security that gives me problems. =P

Praying for you. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Patti said...

I told you you would arrive safely!!! I will miss you (and your fantastic cooking), but I am so glad you were able to take this trip. I know you will have a wonderful time...and make many wonderful memories with dear friends.

I love you,
Mom

Carissa (Regency Woman) said...

Hope you're having fun, Ella! Be safe!

Grace said...

This is a bit off topic. The first thing I thought after walking out of the Avengers was "Wow, the movie was great, but the music really wasn't." The second thing I thought was "Hey, Gabrielle said the same thing!" =)
- Grace