Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stinkin' Computer





Since Friday mid-afternoon, this has been the face of not only myself, but of my entire family as well. We have been victims of having no internet connection, thanks in no small part to some fault router box or something of that sort. And just so you know, you can call your provider and they can  expedite the replacement--you had just better hope it isn't over the weekend.

We managed to survive without the internet. I stole moments at work in which to hurriedly check my e-mail and give a cursory glance to Facebook. But that is about it. I didn't have the opportunity to read blogs or work on my own. Isn't it funny how "dependent" we have made ourselves on technology? It can border on pathetic and I'm the first to admit it. I'm also going to admit that I enjoy having it. What's that saying? You don't know a good thing until you don't have it? I am inclined to agree.

So that is the reason for my absence and silence these past few days. But the problem has been fixed and we are back online; the remedy is in play. In other words.....I'm baaaaaccckkkk =D
Ella

2 comments:

Rissi said...

YAY! You've been missed on the World Wide Web. ;-)

It is funny how dependent we are on technology. I find myself leaving the entire system off at least twice a week - usually the weekend because it is "good" for me and also... I enjoy it! No writing, no checking email, no tweeting or blogging; it's "healthy."

Glad you are back up and running - that has happened to us all too frequently. :-)

Charity said...

Shame on you for being so dependent on the internet!! SHAME! ;)

Not that I was banging my head on my desk this evening over my e-mail server not working for 12 hours or anything...

MY INTERNETS, THEY MUST WORK!! MY FRIENDS, THEY LIVE IN THE 'PUTER!