Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Time A Bridesmaid


Every girl dreams of being in a wedding--or maybe I am just speaking for myself. My Pinterest board is proof positive that I often have wedding ideas on the brain =) However, it doesn't always have to be my wedding that I so plan. I get quite excited about the prospect of other girlfriends' weddings.

I have also grown up with the belief that God is in the business of creating beautiful life stories--and those often have chapters of beautiful love stories. I love watching seeing the Lord bring two people together in an amazing way, where you know that those two are just perfect for each other.

The blog has sadly been silent because I was hoping/planning to be on vacation. The plan was to spend a wonderful week down in Alabama with some girlfriends, followed by a weekend at a beach house on the Gulf of Mexico. It was going to be lovely.....but it fell through six hours before I would have to get up for the airport. However, I can see know why the Lord intended for it to fall through. He always does have a better plan for our days than we do. And he definitely knows all =)

It was such a joy when I found out that the dear friend I was going to see was instead engaged to be married. In the six years that we had been friends, this had been one of the things that we had prayed for. And here it was--God had blessed her with her Prince Charming. He wrote a story that was beautifully unique to them; it is one that makes me smile. Add to that the knowledge that if I had indeed been able to go on vacation a week or so ago, I would have used up all of my vacation time--and I would not be able to attend her wedding. And add to that the vacation days I do have and the formal invitation to be a bridesmaid....I am smiling a lot around here!

I won't be posting wedding tidbits around my blog, but I did have to communicate joy! I am excited to be a bridesmaid for the first time--although I do hope that I never get into that "three times a bridesmaid, never a bride" territory ;-) I am excited to be able to stand up with one of my dearest friends on one of the happiest days of her life. I am excited to wear a dress (which will not look anything like 27 Dresses) and have yet another "excuse" to buy a pair of brown heels (and hey, I can get wear out of them besides a wedding) It's going to be a fun few months!

But now that I know I will not be on vacation, at least until January, I will be able to blog away to my heart's content....and who knows, I might be reviewing a lot of wedding movies =) If I do, what are some of the ones you would like to know my thoughts on? =D


Ella

2 comments:

Rissi said...

Aw! How fun, Ella! I am sorry your plans fell through but am glad you are going to experience this joyful time with your friend. :-) Never fear: You'll meet your own Mr. Right and someday, these will be your plans!

Seriously - what girl doesn't get excited about buying a new dress / heels!? Way fun. ;-D

Hmm... movies? Cannot think of any... though I know there are dozens of awesome ones! Ohhh! Have you seen the Lifetime flick I Do but I Don't? Mom and I have watched that several times for a girly flick and though we like it, Wedding Planner is better. (It is basically the same story.)

Anna Naomi said...

Very glad to have the honor of you in my wedding with it being your first time as a bridesmaid!! :) So much fun to think about all the details - loved brainstorming with you over skype yesterday!