Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Days



Every time I go to work on my blog, something comes up. I either get sidetracked by college classes, or a friend pops up on Facebook chat, or I have moments of writer's block. Regardless, life gets in the way. That doesn't mean that days are dull. In fact, they are anything but.

September 16th: Um...Downton Abbey Series 3 premiered on ITV in Britain...and yes, I tuned in. Unashamedly do I admit such things. It's all I can do to not give anything away, but so far, I felt Downton Abbey was back. Everything I loved about the show was on display on this episode. The entire time I watched it with a Cheshire Cat grin so I probably looked majorly stupid. Who cares! I got tired of caring a while ago.

September 23rd: It's the Emmys people!!! I love watching the show and seeing the gowns (so yes, a fashion post is coming up. You can take that to the bank.) Granted, I believe I can predict who will win Best Actor and Best Actress in a Drama Series, but oh well. There is still plenty to pique my interest. I do want to know what Downton Abbey was thinking going in the Drama category as opposed to the Miniseries category, but that isn't my problem.

September 24th: I love all my shows. I do. I really do. But one holds a special place in my heart.....and it returns with its 5th Season on ABC. Figured out which one it is yet?! CASTLE!!!!! Holy cow, am I excited for this show?!! In fact, there are no words.

September 28th: For the past several months, I have been on a committee at work for a mandatory "staff development day." What form that takes is entirely up to us. Hopefully, every presentation comes together as well as we expect. As to what my job was, I was in charge of food. We're doing a yogurt bar for breakfast, catering lunch, and then, I am make several different types of treats....no pressure, right?

September 30th: Once Upon a Time, Revenge, and The Amazing Race are back. Yep. Sunday nights will be a lot of fun.

Now....The Random Things That Don't Have Dates To Go With Them:
The Reviews I want to Write For You: Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Jane Austen Book Club, Lost in Austen, Revenge, Friday Night Lights (TV Series)....I have plenty to keep me busy. I just need to do it.

How it's faring on the wedding front: In this case....no news is not good news. Pray that we get the dress situations for both bride and bridesmaids figured out. After all, the wedding is in about five months. Knowing what we are doing would be nice....especially for the bride.

So see, it's been slightly nuts around here. But I am alive. And well. Hope you all can say the same!

Ella

3 comments:

Rissi said...

Great post, Ella.

Enjoy all your TV shows - you lucky girl. Color me envious! :-D SO glad you enjoyed 'Downton.' My Tumblr page sort of exploded with re-blogs of wedding screen-caps yesterday - I just couldn't help myself. LOL! Hope you continue to enjoy. I pre-order S3 so hopefully that will pacify me.

Charity said...

Downton: loved it, was a great episode. The last ten or so minutes made me bounce up and down on the couch -- and that never happens.

The Emmys: hope some good shows win stuff. I no longer have TV reception, so I can't watch.

Castle: ENJOY!!

Catering: Nope, no pressure at all. ;)

YAY for Once Upon a Time, though I admit, I'm really most excited to see Sleeping Beauty. ;)

I liked Friday Night Lights. I did NOT like Lost in Austen.

Good luck with the dresses.

Arielle Melody Bailey said...

Yay! I'm glad Downton Abbey lived up to its record. I'm hoping to have a chance to see the first episode of Season 3 this weekend. I know I won't have time before then.

I enjoy the Emmys as well. Especially the dresses!! I'll be looking forward to your fashion post.