So I took in my first midnight premiere ever....
And it was pretty darn awesome!!!
Probably after Christmas I will be able to have more time and coherence to express all of my thoughts. So in the meantime, I am going to borrow a play out of my friend Charity's playbook and give some random thoughts ;-)
*Filming Style*--I'll just throw out my lone problem right now. I didn't like the whole "shooting in a different millimeter" (or something like that) type of thing. It wasn't THAT noticeable and yet, every once and a while, characters stood out a little too much of the screen; they didn't flow as seamlessly as I would wish. Oh well. It was just a small issues, as I said.
*Scenery*--These movies by Peter Jackson bring something out in me. I all of a sudden want to ride a horse at a full gallop with the wind in my hair and the New Zeland mountains in the background. This comes from the girl who cannot ride a horse to save her life. Still, it's on my bucket list. And it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
**Martin Freeman** My dear Watson, you made a pretty fantastic Bilbo. I know that I keep thinking of your BBC offerings as I watched and yet, I don't think that is a bad thing. You made young Bilbo your own because face it, Ian Holm has big shoes to fill. I look forward to seeing how well you do in the upcoming two films.
**Richard Armitage**It's pretty unanimous across the board--girls are falling in love with you all over again. You might not be walking through Helstone with no cravat in this film; actually, you have long hair and a beard.......yet the minute you opened your mouth....you had me. Since I didn't read the book, I didn't know if you would indeed live or die. I am so glad that I will not have to part with you so soon.
**Gollum**--I am not quite sure why, but the minute you walk onto the screen, you capture me in a very unique way. I love you, even though your character suffers from multiple personality disorder and has an obsession with golden rings that had better be destroyed. Keep me laughing by telling yourself to "shut up". I laughed a lot.
What other thoughts do I have? Hmm......why don't you all comment to me and we will spark conversations that way. =)












5 comments:
Yayyyy, another Gollum lover! ;) I get some major flak in my family for my Gollum love...I just can't help it...he's so cute in a twisted weird way. :-P
I'm going to see it in a few weeks...can't wait! :)
Though I sadly did not go to the midnight premiere, my family and I went to see the Hobbit on Friday. I really liked it, but I agree with you that some of the camera angles were a little odd. Having read the book, I thought the added in parts flowed really well with the rest of the story. Unlike, say, Narnia where I found myself inwardly screaming every few minutes!
Grace
FINALLY. Geez, I've been waiting around for three days for friends to talk about this film. The wait has nearly killed me dead. ;)
I felt sorry for Gollum for a second -- and then I remembered what a nasty, horrible little monster he is. That riddles scene was FREAKY.
Interestingly, not once did I think of Watson, which is a testament to how good he is as Bilbo.
Thorin... my mother called him "pretty boy." She's not wrong. Loved him. Loved Balin a little more, though.
You'd best read the book. I can't say why, but do it before the third film. :)
Glad you enjoyed it. :)
I haven't seen this movie yet and I. Am. DYING. TO!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure when I'll see it since it probably won't work out for me to see it in the theater.
YES!!! Riding a horse at a full gallop in New Zealand!!!! That would be BEYOND AMAZING. I think my horse would love it, too.
I cannot WAIT to see Armitage as Thorin!!!!!!! He is one of my favorite characters from the book and I knew RA would be FANTASTIC in the part. I got shivers when I heard him sing Misty Mountains in the trailer.
Poor Gollum. He is so... different. Although I'm not really a Gollum lover, I do sympathize with him. I saw that 'shut up' scene on You Tube and laughed so hard!!
How were Rivendell and the elves? Elrond and Galadriel are two of my favorite characters (and I'll never fully forgive PJ for changing Elrond's character in LOTR). Was Rivendell as magical as in LOTR?
Post a Comment