Wednesday, January 02, 2013

A New Year



Here we are. It's 2013! The Mayans were wrong after all! Can I go ahead and say that I knew that they would be all along? ;-)

As happens every year, there is a mixture of happiness and sadness as I see the previous year draw to a close. Sadness, because it was a good year:
*I got to take my trip to Pittsburgh and my "sister" came back with me.

*A dear friend of mine got engaged
*I got to know several new blog friends better as well as ones I had been e-mailing for quite some time
*I became a Junior in college
*I got an itty bitty raise at work
*My family still has a roof over our heads and food in our bellies despite the horrible economy
*I saw some pretty great movies and read some pretty great books
*I add so many more cookbooks to my collection
*The Lord revealed Himself to me in some pretty amazing ways

The list goes on.....

But then, there is always the negative, the things I don't want to repeat:
*Some family crap
*My fourteen year old dog going into congestive heart failure (although we have opted for a treatment instead of euthanasia right now....and it appears to have been the right decision. She is doing pretty good. Prayers, though, I would appreciate!
*The Lord opening my eyes to several sin issues I still have to work through

The list again goes on......

Here's the funny thing. 2013 will, three hundred and sixty-four days from now, have the same ups and same downs. The same bad types of things and the same good types of things. It's the circle of life. What I love is that while I might not know my future, I know who Holds it. 2013 will be as amazing a year as I will give my Father in Heaven room to work.

I am resolved to go boldly into 2013. To be unafraid at where the year takes me and my family and those closest to me. It's going to hold new horizons I already now--being a bridesmaid and travelling to see a friend in Colorado. It's going to involve writing and cooking and working and college and living...

And it's going to involve all of you and this blog. I look forward to taking all of you with me into 2013. I thank the Lord for you all each and every day!
Ella

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Ella! Here's to a year of living boldly. :) I am so sorry to hear about your dog, but glad that she is responding well to treatment! It can be such an emotional roller-coaster, watching beloved animals get older. :/

Rissi said...

Wishing you a GREAT 2013, Ella. :) I hope it's fabulous for you!

I get a chuckle out of people predicting the world's end: NO ONE knows that! That is what God's word tells us and it'll be when humans least expect it.

Patti said...

You know me...the eternal optimist...so I am going on record as saying that 2013 is going to be a wonderful year...one with many more ups than downs. (It's our turn for that, right?)

I love you,
Mom