It is a truth universally acknowledged that this blogger is entirely in love with Red Carpet Fashion. And when in possession of thoughts, this blogger feels the need to share them. I have gathered my 10 favorite looks (yes, ten of them) and I just felt like sharing them with you.
#1) Michelle Dockery (of Downton Abbey)--You might remember that this woman was on my WORST dressed list not too long ago. Back at the Emmy's in fact. But she shot to the top for me in this beautiful gold and white Alexandre Vauthier couture gown. It's a dress people are either going to love or hate, especially with the high neck and more structured shoulders. I just say she looks flawless. If you can zoom in on the vote, you'll see her accessories have green accents--I love it. And her hair: Lady Mary looks good in short hair. Makes me wonder if it's a faux bob or here to stay. Yep. I love it.
#2) Emily Blunt--I'm not always a fan of cutouts. They are usually done horribly and show far too much skin. For Emily, I think they make her Michael Kors gold gown look even more incredible. Her jewels are pink--which works really well with the golden color. While I'm not the biggest fan of her hair in the topknot, I won't hold that against her. She got it 95% right and trust me, not everyone got it right.A quick postscript--isn't this picture of Emily and Hubby John Krasinski super adorable?
#3) Lucy Liu (of Elementary, which I will not watch, but that doesn't matter at the moment)--This dress is going to be hated by a lot of people and indeed, it has its issues, but frankly, I think Lucy was gutsy to wear such a dress on the red carpet. I'm going to reward her for that. The Carolina Herrera gown might be a bit long on her, but I think the periwinkle blue makes her skin tone and hair pop. People will say everything from the dress looking like a comforter to curtains, but I love the bolder, bigger patterns. You don't see them on the red carpet that often. I also appreciate that she took a minimalism kind of approach with next to no jewelry. She let the gown do the talking.

#4) Jennifer Lawrence--I can't believe this girl is only in her early twenties like myself. She's beloved on the red carpet, a chronic award winner, and just an all around down to earth girl (so they say). The ways she styled her Christian Dior Couture gown was great--I'm all for adding a metallic touch or too....and this is how you wear up and yet not look like a severe librarian ;-) It framed her hair quite nicely (and I much prefer her as a brunette to her blonde looks) Some critics say that the bodice too closely resembles Madonna and her cone bra looks, but frankly, it doesn't scream that to me...so I'm not going there.

#5) Nicole Kidman--Most of the time, Nicole Kidman doesn't wow me. Between her greasy looking hair and her drab looks, I'm content to either put her on my worst dressed list or let her just be "meh." This outing, I feel as if Nicole Kidman hit the correct notes. Granted it's black--a common color for her--but the Alexander McQueen gown with its studded neckline and "see through" middle definitely help it NOT be boring. And her hair needs to always be that soft and that length. It does wonders. So Nicole, heed my advice. Thank you!

#6) Julianne Hough--I'll be honest. I wasn't initially sold on this gown. But the more I look at it, the more I like it. In fact, considering it was a Monique Lhuillier, I could see it on the likes of Carrie Underwood. =) I do feel as if her hair and make-up is too rocker edgy for the princess dress, but I get that she didn't want to be a cupcake at the same time. The gold illusion neckline (which was quite the trend) is definitely gorgeous and Julianne wearing her hair up showed that off. The dress doesn't work as well for me on the bottom--all those layers--but more of the good outweighs the bad.
#7) Jennifer Garner--Normally Jennifer wears Mom jeans and loose fitting tops as she takes her daughters to school. On this occasion she played the loving wife for her nominated husband...and was a presenter besides. Her cranberry red Vivianne Westwood dress was quite lovely. Fine. A teeny bit low for my taste, but I'm not going to quibble over that. Her jewelry was gorgeous, her hair was relaxed, she looked comfortable and happy. All of those are essentials when you're at the Globes.
And just a side note, her husband's speech was one of my favorites of the night. They've been married seven years and have three kids. Maybe they'll last a little longer than the norm. Maybe.#8) Hayden Panettiere--Alright. The bubblegum pink clutch looks Barbie-ish (to quote my friend's words) and it's the typical sweetheart neckline. But for being a petite girl, Hayden rocks this Roberto Cavalli blush pink dress. It reiterates to me that this is the silhouette I want and need when it comes time for either a red carpet outing or a wedding dress (whichever comes first ;-)). I love her hair and the light, yet statement jewelry. She looks great. Just ditch the clutch for a different color.

#9) Adele--The new mom was radiant in this Burberry gown. I wish it wasn't black as that is VERY repetitive for the songstress. However, she wears it very well. I especially love the bouffant hair; it gives a sixties vibe for which she is known for. And you could tell she was soaking up time on the red carpet, the Awards, and her win. (Taylor Swift looked plain old irritated when Adele won and not herself....but that's beside the point.) Some might think Adele has a little bit more "baby weight" to lose, but I think she looks good! I'm intrigued to see what she will be wearing to the Oscars....even if it will be black.

#10) Claire Danes--Did this woman REALLY have a baby two months ago?! She has an amazing personal trainer, I can tell you that much =P Seriously, this woman looks amazing in a fiery red Versace dress. It's nipped in at the waist--I'm sure to accentuate her weight loss--and it's not too low. The makeup is a bit on the heavy side (gives her raccoon eyes), but hey, it was a fantastic look otherwise.
*********************************
So there you have it--my ten favorite looks. Sound off on what you think. And what's a fashion post without bashing some of the horrible looks. Another post is upcoming =D












4 comments:
LOVE Julianne's look - as well as her PCA look. Hopefully, she's coming into her own and maybe even taking a page from Carrie's fashion playbook. :)
Also, Jennifer G. looks pretty so does Emily. Much prefer Jennifer L. with brunette hair. And Michelle! Wow! Lovin' the gold tones - oh! And whatever anyone thinks about black... it is a classy shade. :)
Love the post, Ella! Cannot wait to see what made your worst dressed. :O
I love these posts soooooo much. ;)
Obviously we have very similar taste...although Michelle Dockery's dress was a bit too structured for my taste...I love your picks! Especially Claire Danes'...I'm a huge fan of red dresses. :) And I'm loving the illusion neckline trend on Julianne Hough's dress.
Really looking forward to the worst looks...it's amazing the really...unique...stuff you can see on the red carpet! ;)
The only one I really like out of this batch is Jennifer Lawrence's -- but I don't really like that weird top it has on it. The color, though, and the way it makes her look -- is aces.
I'd like Dockery's outfit if it was sleeveless. But with those man-shoulders... it's not working for me.
Jennifer Lawrence is lovely anyway, and in this gown, she's stunning. Although I think a cute jacket or a shawl would have made the outfit perfect.
Post a Comment