Friday, February 08, 2013

17 Bucks Worth of Chocolate


Yes. You read that right: I recently spent seventeen dollars on chocolate. I know. I know. I can't believe it myself. I wouldn't classify myself as a chocolate lover, but spending that much money.....you would think that I need to go to Chocoholics Anonymous or something.

Would the situation be better if I said that four bridesmaids and a bride all pitched in? Because that's the case. One of the first things to happen on my trip to Bridesmaid-Land was a spa date in which we got manicures, drank sparkling cider, and ate chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.

It's horrible, no, CRAPPY lighting, so focus on the Lindt truffles instead. One bag was milk chocolate, the other dark chocolate. And THEN there was a bag of Hershey's Bliss chocolate AS WELL AS, my personal favorite, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Now, lest you think we ate all of the candy in one sitting, I can assure that we took it home and ate it while we worked on bridesmaid type stuff.

While the peanut butter cups were my favorite, I am a huge dark chocolate fan. Don't they say that dark chocolate is healthy for you? I love the slight bitterness when you bite into its goodness and you can add mint or chili or sea salt.....I love it all.

But you know what else girls do while running errands? They go on Starbucks runs! That is what we did. The four of us in this picture have been close friends for over four or five years--we have had a weekly accountability group during that time and now, the first of us has gotten married. (I will be the last one, I can tell you that ;-) Well, some days we needed sugar and coffee to keep us going.......or maybe that is just what we told ourselves......and believe it or not, the weather was warm enough to have cold drinks! I got an iced peppermint mocha (I have a thing for peppermint.) In hindsight, I wish I had gotten something with whipped cream only because I love whipped cream. What is funny is right after this picture one of us dropped our Starbucks all over the ground (no, it's wasn't me) and we drove through the drive through to get another one. That is how desperate we were ;-)

It's just a little glimpse into my trip, but in the next two days, I have two more glimpses for you. It was a beautiful, fun time. It was filled with laughter and tears.....and chocolate =)
Ella

4 comments:

Charity said...

As someone dieting, all I can think when I look at chocolate and mocha is -- WEIGHT GAIN. =P Hopefully, you escaped that curse. Heh.

I'm more of a light chocolate girl myself, but I love a good dark chocolate streaked with other flavors. Mmm!

Patti said...

I don't think you told me about dropping the mocha (or whatever it was!) on the ground. I hate when that happens! You already spent close to $5 for something, and you have to turn right around and do it again...making the drink a $10 drink instead of a $5 one.

While I'm not a huge chocolate person either, I do enjoy one of those Lindt truffles every now and then. They're decadent and rich!

Rissi said...

So fun, Ella! Love these little glimpses into your trip. :)

Who doesn't love a good Starbucks!? Yummy. :)

Ryan & Anna Wolfe said...

Perfect title! :) Such fun memories!