Three weeks ago, I took an amazing trip to Alabama. It was a time where I got to be with three of my girlfriends as we rejoiced in one of us getting married. Jen, Miriam, Anna and I have been friends for over five years; for most of that time, we were accountability partners which meant we sent weekly e-mails to one another. The last time we were all together was back in 2010 when they all came to visit me.
Two and a half years was much too long, but we definitely made the most of our time together this go-around. I thought I would share some pictures, if that is alright with you.
One of the things we did was a photo shoot. Seriously, we got so many good shots, I need to pick which ones I like best and get prints made up. Yes, we coordinated what colors we wanted to use; we even went shopping to find matching tops =)
![]() |
| From left: Miriam, Jennifer, Anna, and Me |
This picture mirrors one we took in 2010. Thankfully, we didn't have to deal with self timers this go around. Anna's sister, and the Maid of Honor, Jubilee wonderfully arranged to be our photographer. She did such a wonderful job!
Funny story about this picture. Jennifer was nervous about getting down in the grass, thanks in no small part to geese being in the vicinity. Now nothing freaks Jen out ;-) However, whereas I HATE to fly, a little goose poop doesn't unnerve me in the least. I was the first on the ground. Goodness, if there was anything, you can wash your clothes and take a shower.
This looks like a random Indie artist CD cover. Not sure what we should name our band, though, or what genre we would be. I'm the only one who likes Country. *Pouts* =D
**************************************
![]() |
| Me, Anna, Miriam, and Jen |
One night, the four of us, along with Jubilee (who was behind the camera yet again) took Anna out to dinner. We journeyed to Olive Garden, Anna's pick, where we had a delightfully yummy dinner. Our waitress began clearing away wine glasses, automatically assuming we weren't old enough to drink. Her face said it all when we said that four out of five of us COULD drink....and three of us were going to order a glass of wine. She didn't believe us. But our IDs proved our age and I had a glass of Moscato.
****************************************
So January 26th dawned. It was Anna's wedding day!
I'll just admit it right now. HAIR TOOK FOREVER!!!! Some of the most amazing people gave up their mornings to get six bridesmaids, and one glowing bride, ready....and several of us, myself included, have really thick hair. I mean, really thick. So much so that a vat of hair spray needed to be used and I'm not even sure that it was enough. However, we got ready in the most gorgeous (and huge) bridal suite, complete with a grand piano, so we had a lot to keep us occupied. Here Jennifer and Miriam are getting themselves gussied up--though I'm not sure if this was before or after make-up.
Yes, we actually traveled to the church with no make-up on and our hair NOT done. Scary isn't it?! No one "important" saw us, so all was okay. Besides, between getting to the church, picking up flowers from the house where they were being kept, remembering the wedding dress, taking stuff down five flights to the church kitchen (it was a huge church! Definitely needed for all of the guests invited; the bride's church wouldn't fit them all!)----and doing all of this by 10 o'clock--we had enough on our minds ;-)
Somehow I found myself holding on to people's bouquets. Not sure how that happened, as my expression clearly seems to show. I will tell you this: I was petrified I would damage the flowers, especially since they were beginning to wilt the day of the wedding. But none of that happened.
Did you know that make-up remover gets lipstick out of chiffon? Yes, we had a near crisis. Anna wasn't sure how it happened, but some lipstick found its way onto her dress. Amazingly we got it out!!! That...and having to iron several pairs of groomsmen pants....and misplacing usher vests and some flowers...yeah, we had some little fun disasters that definitely kept us on our toes, but hey, that makes a wedding fun!
Jennifer and I definitely bonded closer together this week.
The glowing bride. We had prayed for this day for Anna---oh so long. And here it was.
The ceremony was over. Anna was now married to Ryan. Oh those two were so happy. I watched Ryan the entire time (granted, I couldn't see Anna's face). The guy beamed the entire time. He rocked on the balls of his feet. If he hadn't been holding Anna's hands, he would surely have floated up to the ceiling a la Mary Poppins
![]() |
| Mary Khris (a friend of Anna's), Jennifer, Me, Miriam |
By God's grace, I didn't cry while standing up there. Goodness knows, we Sisters of the Heart had done enough crying. Plus I really didn't want to have mascara coming down my face ;-) I did get teary eyed, several times in fact, but I more just smiled. I was so happy for my friend! But being a bridesmaid is also physically and mentally draining--I think we would all say that. I did learn one thing. You need to do subtle knee bends and you need to move your feet--because standing for twenty minutes in one ramrod straight position causes you to lock up and that is not a fun feeling. When I had to walk back up the aisle, my knees felt like jelly. But I didn't fall. Not going down, not going up, and all in four inch heels!!! Yippee!!! LOL
Here was all are: the bridal party. This was the pose where we are all told to act stupid. Problem with that is after you do it one or two times, you run out of ideas. I know I did. I could try telling you all the names of everyone, but since you can't get good angles, it could be pointless. LOL
****************************************


















5 comments:
Ella, this was so lovely! Thank you for sharing. Despite that fear of flying it's nice that you had a wonderful time which made conquering that fear all the more worth it! These photos are sweet as it the stories you put with them. :)
Glad you enjoyed your time with these friends.
Lovely. =)
I'm so glad that you were able to go to the wedding and that there were no winter travel delays as you navigated Denver's airport in the middle of January!!
I'm thrilled that it was a precious time of fellowship for you 4. You have lifelong friends in each other.
Everyone was so beautiful!!
LOVED reading your post! Brings back such good memories. :) You were a WONDERFUL bridesmaid and I'm so thankful for your friendship!
Loved reading your thoughts! You were such a WONDERFUL bridesmaid and even more a dear dear friend! So thankful for the memories and time together!
Post a Comment