Alrighty.....here we go.....the runners up!First would be Alicia Vikander in Elie Saab Couture. It's pathetic. The only reason I didn't have her up higher is that I didn't have the foggiest idea who she was. Elie Saab is one of my favorite designers; I love the feminine feel, the soft colors, the elegant lines, etc. I cannot find a single solitary thing wrong with this look. The hair looks amazing! And while a friend of mine hates the different colored belt, I love it. It breaks the dress up from being too one-dimensional. I would love to wear this dress....don't I say this all the time with Elie Saab....or fancy gowns in general ;-) Sorry for the redundancy. LOL

Next would be Charlize Theron in Dior. Seriously, this woman can wear a flour sack and look incredible. I love that she lets the gown do the talking, only diamond studs and a bracelet are used. While I dislike the cutout, it does create something visual (without looking sluttish) without using a statement necklace or something. The white just pops and even her short hair (which, thank goodness, is only for a movie role) aids in making this gown be the focal point.

Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji knows how to dress for her body type. This gal had an amazing run last Awards season and it was nice to see her pick up right where she left off. And with her being on the curvier side, I LOVE seeing how she makes a Cinderella ballgown look flattering at the same same. While I slightly preferred last year's Oscar's look, this one is just as pretty. Her accessories are so complementary and she oozes confidence. It's all a winning combo.

Okay, so it might be a little case of deja vu but Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab looks amazing. I don't even mine the sheer skirt (since it does seem to be lined in the places where it matters most.) I love the metallic color on Sandra as well as part of the hair in front, part of the hair in back. And the detailing......yeah....it's great! It's an elegant dress with seemingly little effort. That sums up Sandra's sense of style and yeah, I go for easy some days =)

Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive causes me to be on the fence. Here's the thing: she looks amazing. I love her Old Hollywood waves and the red lippie. And the dress itself is stunning. But I feel it blends in far too much with her skin tone. If only the dress were about three shades darker, I think that would have made all the difference in the world. Recently Jessica wore an electric blue dress--and her hair, her face, POPPED. I would have loved for such a "wow" moment at the Academy Awards.

Lastly I have Kristin Chenoweth in Tony Ward. I love finding a petite actress work a gown--one that makes them look "statuesque." Now Kristin is 4 foot 11 (which means I am two and a half inches taller than she is!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! =D), but I do not find this gown dwarfing her by any means. Perhaps she could have gone with a slightly smaller skirt....I still love the dress. It's not a favorite, but hey, it gives me hope that short people can rock gowns a la Cinderella.
So there are my runners up! Next is the Abysmally Dressed List!












3 comments:
Love these runner up picks!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
God Bless!
Agree, agree, agree! I really really wanted to absolutely love Jessica's outfit...but it was just a bit too light. A darker gold would have been stunning.
I adore Kristin and loved her gown, but I wasn't crazy about the hair. Maybe because it's the new "it" hairdo to wear with sweats on campus ;), but it was kinda plain for a self-proclaimed country gal who loves her big hair. It just seemed too severe with such a dress. But that's just my PO. ;)
VERRAH interested in the next post. ;)
LOVED Kristen's gown - but then she's always adorbs. :)
Yeah... Jessica's... not so much. She looked too "ordinary." As you say, a lot had to do with the color. Nothing really seemed to "stand out" this year - or not like years past. Where's the color?
Cannot wait for "part 3," Ella!!!!
Post a Comment