Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Remembering Sunday (2013)


























My Thoughts:
I will just say it right now--I love Zachary Levi. I am a DieHard "CHUCK" girl--Nerd Herder--what ever you want to call me. I love "Tangled"...because of him mostly. And when we sang with Mandy Moore at the Oscars, oh gosh, I about fell out of my chair. And he's a Christian too....

Alright, I'll stop fangirling now ;-)

The point is that when I saw a commercial for this (during one of the MANY shows I watch on ABC), I knew that I had to watch it. While I hadn't seen "Gilmore Girls" (what Alexis Bledel) is known for, she seemed perfectly cast in what seemed like a delightful Hallmark film.

I wasn't wrong. The story of "guy who has amnesia" has sort of been done in "50 First Dates", but obviously, this was much sweeter and cuter. I smiled throughout the entire film; you couldn't help but laugh when Gus forgot dates...I mean, don't some guys do that without amnesia? I personally believed that Alexis and Zachary played VERY well off of each other. It wasn't "electric" chemistry, but it was enough to make a romance believable between the two of them.

The ending--I must give props to Hallmark. One of the things I love about them (and consequently gripe about) is how predictable and formulaic they are. I joke that I can call the ending within the first ten minutes....or sometimes five. And yet, this time, I couldn't predict the ending.

Strike that. I was dead wrong.

I'm on the fence about the ending. I kind of appreciated that it was "against the norm", that it portrayed a more "real life" view of things. Yet I also like movies that aren't realistic. I joke that I don't watch TV for educational purposes; I watch it to relax and tune out. I like my endings wrapped with a bow....sometimes. I think on another viewing of this, I will swing in one direction or another.

If you managed to miss this on ABC, it will be airing again on Hallmark Channel soon....and comes out on DVD May 1st. I would love to hear y'alls thoughts about this sweet film =)

Ella

4 comments:

Rissi said...

I joke that I don't watch TV for educational purposes; I watch it to relax and tune out.

YES! This is my mom and I also. I like historical biopics but sometimes, this sort of "fluff" (Remember Sunday) is the only kind of entertainment I crave. Most the time, it doesn't disappoint.

As I mentioned, I didn't mind the ending. Most Hallmark Hall of Fames do just... end. There is no lead up to it or "softening," it just comes whereas Hallmark Channel flicks end more cliché. Or that is my impression. Either way, I thought this was a jewel. It's definitely one I'll get along with the last two that aired. Hoping the Christmas one keeps up this trend - because I have loved the most recent movies! :)

Unknown said...

I miss Chuck sooooo bad!!!

Kara said...

I wasn't sure how it was going to end either! It was definitely cute and kept me wondering how things were going to go. I'd call it a sweet romance, nothing amazing or electric (as you said), but sweet and gentle. I agree with Rissi in that these Hall of Fame movies do tend to end without everything all wrapped up. And I'm okay with that.

The only thing I could never figure out was what the significance of the title was. I didn't see what remembering that particular Sunday actually did besides bring Molly a little heartache? Nonetheless, I did enjoy it!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Oh my! This is going on my "to watch" list. Can't believe I hadn't heard about it before this.