Saturday, April 22, 2006

Alright, everybody. You have been asking for a post, and here it is. I have been intending to it sooner, but things just come up. Also, if Mom goes out, I can't get on the internet. So, it's Saturday morning, I am still in my pajamas and I will update you on what's up!!
The week has gone amazingly well. Piano was fine. I could have hoped for a little better, but I am still pleased with my progress. I got two new hymns to play, Day by Day and Great is thy Faithfulness. I am going to be playing these, along with Be Thou my Vision hopefully st the mother/daughter tea next month. Right now, they sound awful, but I know practice makes perfect. I am doing my best not to demand perfection of myself. I use to be that way, but I am trying to break myself from that bad habit. The Lord has given me the ability to play, and if he receives the glory when I am through, then I am satisfied.
Remember how I said that I started this blog because of writing abilities? Well, I am going to enter a essay contest put out by Vision Forum. I am currently working on the rough draft. When I have entered contests in the past, I have had high hopes about winning first place. I am not like that this time. Even if I was to get third, I would be satisfied; I would have a building block. Yet, if I don't place, and if I have done my best, I will be joyful with that knowledge. I have prayed before I started, so my words are essentially His words. If I can, I will post a link to the finished product.
I got together with the girls on Thursday. How amazing the Lord is that he put a group of like-minded people in my path! We discussed our Genesis study, then we just talked. It was such a blesed time for all of us, especially when talk began about how we are going to court and not date. You don't find many like that in today's society.
I bit off way more than I can chew in a bokk selection. I am reading the unabridged Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Mom was astounded that I decided on that, and definitely will be if I finish it in its entirety. I believe I can.
Yesterday, Mom and I went to the Boise Philharmonic, our local version of the Boston Pops:) It was really good, though I didn't know the musical selection. Sometimes I do because I have heard it on a classical cd or somethng. We had a guest conductor again this month, since Maestro Ogle is recovering from a stroke that he had last November. I am ready for him to come back. Also, it was the final one of the season. I will miss it this summer. The people we have sat next to were really friendly, especially the lady next to me. She'll be back next year. Hopefully, Dad will let us get season tickets again!
Wonder what I am going to do today. I might weed in the garden some. I might work on my essay and cross-stitch. I might get a few more pages into Les Miserables. I don't know what I'll do yet. (The weather isn't as nice as it was earlier in the week. I actually laid on the hammock twice. It was delightful.) Oh, I know what I can do!!! I can go watch the lilacs bloom. I am sooo excited; pictures will most definitely will be posteed when the show me their colors!! Another question I have about today, what is for movie night? Not War and Peace again!!! Too boring!!
I feel extremely blessed this morning for some reason. What an awesone Lord I have!

No comments: