Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hey everybody! I hope all is going well today. It is drizzling outside right now. I do hear a little thunder, so I will try not to post too long. Dad does'n tlike us being on the internet when there is a thunderstorm.
There is a scripture in the Bible that goes: 'No temptation has over taken you, except such as is common to man. But God is faithful, he will not give you beyond what you are able, yet he will make a way of escape, so that you may be able to bear it." (I know I somewhat paraphrased, but you understand the meaning.) Well, the point of why I wrote the verse was that yesterday, I really saw that in action.
I know it sounds weird, but it really helped with my dealing with not going to the Christian concert I mentioned. You see, I understood why I couldn't, and shouldn't, go, but I would be lying if I said I didn't struggle with that. I soooo wanted to go. It was something that I was looking forward to when I first heard about it. The group that was singing was one of my favorites, I would see some of my friends, and witness some cool fireworks. Ok, I think you get my meaning. Yet, there is the scripture: "Honor your father and mother, for this is the first commandment with a promise."
So, yesterday was that concert, but amazingly, I didn't struggle as much as I could have. God, in his amazing love, gave me another outlet to enjoy some friends. I did wind up going swimming with the Sterlings, and Brianne came with us. I had so much fun. We swam for about five hours, and just had a great time. I hung out with Hannah and Brianne, and also talked with Grace, and watched Lydia and Faith while they played in the shallow end. All that to say, I didn't think about my disappointment. In fact, the concert never entered my mind until we were heading home and the guy on the radio was going on about it. Then, I felt a twang, but realized that I wouldn't make it anyway, and I wanted to see my dad. I wound up going home, since Dad did work a little late, and just watched some Westerns, which I like.
So, I know this mind sound ridiculous to you, but it was just a way I saw God this week. It wasn't a temptation, but God DID create a way of excape, so that I might bear my disappointment. Most importantly, though, God was faithful to me and got me through that difficult issue. How thankful I am for that, and for Him. He truly is a loving God.
Why don't you look and try to find God in a way similiar to that this week? He won't let you down; He will carry you through all the storms of life that we go through. Mine was a result of my family's and mine stand on modesty and separateness from the world. Yours might be different, but the result will ultimately be the same. You will see God high and lifted up, I am positive!!

8 comments:

Garrity G. said...

It was fun. Sorry if you're mad that I pushed you off the dock.

Anonymous said...

Like I told you last night, I am very proud of the way you responded to not going to the concert. You didn't have a bad attitude and grumble and complain.
It is hard being different from others and having standards that are, perhaps, a bit more strict than theirs are. But Jesus never promised that following him would be easy. He said to follow him, one must deny himself. I saw that in you so much yesterday.
And it was great that he opened another door for fun...with the Sterlings and Brianne...and we didn't have to compromise on issues that are important to us.

Ella said...

Thanks. Mom, your encouragement means alot to me. I always need to be reminded of these truths sometimes.

Garrett, I wasn't mad that you pushed me off the dock. It was kind of fun actually:)

Garrity G. said...

Yeah well mom was mad.

Ella said...

I am sure of that;)

Alice said...

Thank you for sharing! We all need to be reminded to look for God's hand at work every single day. It is amazing when we take the time to search for Him!

Ella said...

Yeah, you are back!!!!!!!! Thanks also for your encouraging words.

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Wow, what a neat testimony! What an encouraging post even thought it was posted over a year ago. lol :)

Many blessings,
Rebekah