Monday, June 12, 2006

Hi ya'll!!!!! Wow, it is nice to be posting once again. Nana and PopPop are now gone, so I have time to do this. There is so much to say, and I will start right away. Perhaps, though, I will do it in two installments or something.
Let's start with last Friday. Nana, Mom, and I went to Ginger Thai for dinner. I was a little afraid to give it a try, but it was very good!!!!! I was so full, I brought some of my dinner home to have the next day. (A recommendation: sticky rice with mango is yummy!) Then, we watched the movies that I mentioned last time. Mom and I loved them!!!!!!!!!!! Nana, as I expected, fell asleep on the couch and/ or went to bed half way through. In all of them, I was on the edge of my seat, totally wondering what would happen next. Also, I did my running commentary like I always do. Saturday, we went shopping, and I got some nice clothes, as well as new white shoes for church!!!! We had lunch at the tea room, where I tried a different kind of sandwich. It was good. (If I remember correctly, it was a sun-dried tomato panini with turkey, cheese, black olives, lettuce, artichoke hearts, and a spread.) On Sunday, we went to church, but Nana had to go to the Catholic Church. That was hard to do. I struggle with the fact that she will not embrace the things we believe. I do remember coming away with thankfulness in my heart that I do not attend a church that is so grandiose and pompous looking. Truly, the heart of the church is more important than the building in which it presides or all the rituals that are performed. I had always known that, but driving away from the Catholic church just impacted me more fervently with that knowledge.
I can not overly remember day to day some of the things we did. On Tuesday, I did have my piano lessons. I could have taken the week off, but I really don't like to do that. I so enjoy playing. I didn't get all of the practice time that I had wanted to, but I believe Mrs. Wierenga understood. She's continuing to talk about my doing the Sonatina Festival. It's exciting to think about it!!
Oh, that night we want to Applebee's for dinner, because guess what they'd? Fired pickles!!!!! We tried them, and they weren't that bad. I think Garrett like them the best of all. For myself, I have added them to my list of foods, but I don't necessarily have to eat them again.
On Thursday, Dad took the day off so we could go on a drive. No, we didn't get to go to Shoshone Falls. Apparently, Dad had called the Twin Falls Chamber of Commerce, and it was down for 18,000 cfm's to 300 cfm's. So, instead we took a drive up through Stanley and Sun Valley and down through Mountain Home. The drive was beautiful. There was snow still in the Sawtooth Mountains and it was breathtaking. The weather was crummy, so much so that we ran into a tremendous hailstrorm in Mountain Home. I mean, it was gray and dreary. I so would have enjoyed it more if there had been blue sky. In all, we were in the car a total of ten hours. My bottom was soooo sore by the end of the trip. I also felt so bad for Nikki, who couldn't come with us. (we weren't in the truck.) Boy, was she ready for us to get home!!)
Nothing much else to speak of in realtion to Nana and PopPop's trip. I had a difficult time saying good-bye on Saturday. I hate good-byes. I bawl everytime I watch them on tv. It's also doubly hard when you don't know if you will see the person again. I mean, PopPop has had triple bypass surgery. What if he dies before I see him one more time. I know I have to surrender to the Lord on this, but it is just hard. Plus, Nana got choked up saying good-bye to us. What's odd: Nana never cries. Oh well, I have to think upon the goodtimes, and just believe that I will see them once again. Most likely, though, it won't be for another two years. (that's when I graduate!)
Yesterday, we had church. Do I have to say again that I love it there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are always the last to leave, both in the morning and at night. The relationship we have with the people is, like Grace Doolittle put it, a big, happy family!!! Example, as we driving down the road, Pastor Jeff was right next to us, and he started squriting us with a water gun. Never in my sixteen years has my family had that kind of friendship with the pastor. Oh, I will be playing the piano on July 9th. You know what is amazing and "coincidental" about that? That will be my one year aniversary of being at that wonderful home. God works in mysterious ways!
Tomorrow, we head to the Dykstra's. Yippee!!!!!! Then, there's piano!!!!! Then, I go to a baby shower with Mom. Sounds like a busy day! I ought to go, but I'll post again soon. Enjoy some pictures of Nana and PopPop's trip here.

6 comments:

Garrity G. said...

I love it too!!!!!!!!!

Alice said...

Dere are no pictures.

Shifty said...

Glad you had fun with your Grandparents!
That was long post!
Maybe i should post...

Anonymous said...

I love your long posts....especially when I have time to read them.

You will have to work on getting those pictures posted sometime this weekend. Alice wants to see them.

Ella said...

I know, and I want to!!!!

Alice said...

Haha; yes, I want to see them, but do it when you have time.