Friday, June 23, 2006

It is Friday night. Mom is doing the dishes, I am posting, (that's obvious,) and Garrett, Dad, and two of Garrett's friends are watching a movie. I decided to take some time, since I have some, and do what I love to do. Well, maybe I wouldn't go that far, but I really do enjoy posting. It enables me to connect with other people.
I have had somewhat of a rough week this week with some various disappointments. The first was that Mom decided it best for me not to go to the Christian concert next Wednesday. I was upset at first; I had been looking forward to it for many weeks. Yet, as we talked about it, and I prayed about it, I realized that Mom always has my best interest at heart. Last year I went to the concert, and it was a difficult time for me. There was too much of the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff going around, I saw friends that had conformed to the world, and I just struggled with the fact that, though I was at a Christian concert, you couldn't tell that. It was exactly like the world. So, this was why Mom did not want me to go.
The second disappointment was about the Vision Forum essay contest. I found out the results today. As I figured, I didn't place, but it still upset me. I really had felt that I had written a good essay. Obviously, the judges didn't think so. I felt the loss deeply. Mom and Dad both did their best to encourage me, saying that many people write well, but they don't get published. They also have encouraged me to try again next year.
As I ponder these things, I sometimes wonder what is the point of it all?! Why do we lift our hopes up only to watch them get bashed down? I do know the answer. As with everything else in my life, God brings about things to test my response. Will I respond with a right attitude, or will I get furious? How I wish I would be more like the former than the latter but I know I don't always. Those of you that think about it, pray for me that I would just turn my problems over to Christ. I don't want to handle them in my own power; I know God is the one who can handle everything.
I am reading Left Behind right now!!!!!!! I am so excited to read it. Mom and Dad finally said I was old enough, though there is a catch: I con not go form book to book to book. I understand where they are coming form. It gets boring if you only read one series for months on end. Anyway, I have known for many years the basic storyline of the book, but it's a different thing reading it for yourself. The End Times are amazing, yet freaky, thing that will happen in History. The amazing part is that it was foretold in the Bible thousands of years ago!! The freaky part is all the evil devastation that will take place. I wither want to be in Heaven or raptured before it all happens.
Tomorrow is going to be just an ordinary day, or so I think. I plan to read my book, do my cross-stitch, and go to the library. That's basically it. I have no clue when Garrett's friends are going to leave, but why should I concern myself with that?
I have enjoyed my friend's blog lately. My good friend has been out of town for a while, but she is back now. This other girl I know has been writing alot about emotional purity. It is an amazing thing to contemplate and think about. I totally agree with her one hundred percent. Why go and get yourself attached to a guy that you are most likely not going to marry? I want to go to my husband totally pure, but I think I have already said that repeatedly. Oh well, new thoughts on the subject will come eventually.
Who likes my new stuff on the blog? I thought it was a cool change. Galatians 6:9 is a verse that has truly comfoted me in times of struggle.
I had better go. I want to post again soon, and I will. I am so sorry about the pictures; Garrett needs to edit them for me. Oh, this is way off the subject, but you should see the movie Eight Below. It is really good!!! Ok, bye for now. Have a blessed day, and keep your eyes focused upon our wonderful Lord.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the scripture verse you added to your blog. Such an encouraging verse.
I am very proud of you for the way you have responded to the disappointments this week. You have gotten down, but you have immediately turned the situations over to the Lord, and He has enabled you to get back up and put the disappointment behind you. What an example you are to me!!

Ella said...

Thanks Mom, but I am not perfect in this area. I would be still upset if I let it control my mind.

Garrity G. said...

You really could've, and should've, said exactly who was over. I would say who you had over if I was posting when you had someone over.

Ella said...

I am sorry!! But I don't think people want to know wxactly who comes over.

Anna Naomi said...

I have had similar experiences in concerts... I often like an artist or group less after seeing them in concert. Plus, the music is usually just way too loud for my taste!

I would be interested in seeing pictures, whenever you have time to put them up! I understand if it's hard, however.

Ella said...

I am glad that you understand what I mean. It's difficult isn't it?

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Hey, once again, I'm looking at old posts. :) I was just wondering if you could e-mail me a copy of that essay you did for VF. I would love to read it; what was it on?

I know what you mean about the concerts!! I went to one 2 years ago that had TobyMac(who I'm not a big fan of anymore!!), Hawk Nelson (same with them), Krystal Meyers, and a few other people that I can't remember at the moment. I couldn't believe how worldly all the people around me were! It was then that I realized that the musicians that I was watching looked so much like the world themselves, and their music had a worldly sound, and so it wasn't attracting huge groups of set-apart Christians to the concert, but was rather attracting worldly males and females. That's pretty sad seeing as how these were supposed to be Christian bands!!