Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I need a big lesson in patience. I have tried repeatedly to post pictures on this site, but my internet connection is going sooo slow. I guess there's no reason to be in such a hurry. Please bear with me, though!!
I picked cherries, destemed cherries, pitted cherries, and ate cherry cobbler all day. And this is only the first tree!!!!!! Wow! Someone needs to come and take these of of our hands. The Lord is the Lord of the Harvest, and he let us reap bountifully. I am thankful for that.... but I will be so sick of cherries when all five trees are done.
I have had the privilege of checking out other people's blogs.It's amazing to see how different and yet how similar you are. I will enjoy looking at them sometimes. Yet, seeing them has made me think if I have a purpose for my blog. Mom says I should do more than just babble....
I cannot finish all of my thoughts. We are heading out to the store to get stuff for cherries. I will post tomorrow, or maybe, if I get lucky and fortunate, tonight.

Ok, I'm back....

Anyway, I got to thinking about what I want the purpose of my blog to be. Yes, I want to have an online journal, but I also want to be telling a message. So, I think my message will be encouraging others to stay separate from the world in all things. I intend to talk, eventually, about the dating verses courtship thing. I believe that will be the main topic I will talk about repeatedly. Also, I will talk about the need to remain pure in every essence of our live. These are things that we all need to be reminded of, especially when the world, tabloids, and Hollywood are telling us something entirely different. Their voice is not only the most common, it is the loudest. I want to be encouraging others, as well as myself, that waiting on your future spouse is one of the best, and most rewarding, things we can do.
So, you know the gameplan of my blog. But rest assured that I will always, and most predominately, post about my normal, everyday life. I just wanted you to have fair warning if I lapse into a reflective mood or something:)
I still have fourteen days of school left. I still have a lot to do. Though I am done with my writing (boo hoo) I still have some Consumer Math and tons of History. Do research papers ever stop!!!! I am inclined to think not. I don't know if I am ready for school to be done. I mean, I won't feel guilty if I don't get something done. (like today, I was upset that I didn't get to history.) But, I know that I do much better with a routine. You know how it is; you know what and when you have to do something and you do it. When you off a routine, you have a tendency to become lazy about things. I don't want that to happen. I intend to be a wife and mother. While they don't have school to keep them on a routine, they have to make one. So, perhaps I should start. I know I should. but I want to get away from the sound of my incessant alarm clock for a while. (It drives me crazy!)
I know I should go, much as I don't want to. I know I will post again this week. An exact date I cannot say. But know that I will try my best.
~~Oh, referring to patience at the top of this post, I am still waiting to find out about the essay contest. The winners now won't be announced until Friday. The waiting is agonizing. Not that I expect to win or anything~~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me proud!! I think your blog purpose is a good thing. To have a purpose of encouraging other young ladies to walk in purity and separateness from the world is a worthy goal. May the Lord guide your words.

Anna Naomi said...

I look forward to reading more of your blog! Purity is always a good thing to stive for, and blog about.

Ella said...

I agree with you both. Thanks Mom for what you said, and same to you Anna. I am glad that you think my topic on purity is a good one.