Ok, I said I would try to post every day, and I have lived up to that. Here it is. My Friday post, and the last one until probably the 24th. I am sorry that I will be out of touch. You all will be in my thoughts, but there is nothing I can do.
The plan is to leave here no later than 7 am. Ick!!! I am not one for getting up early. I know that I should, but I prefer being a nightowl. Anyway, we leave bright and early, (Some might not call it that, but hey!) and then we drive on to my grandparents in Montana. I think it is about a 10-13 hour dirve. Also ick!!! I have taken plenty of long car rides, but by the end of the day, my bottom just can't take any more:) Plus, I can't really do much; I get a headache if I try to read. So, Iwill content myself with listening to music and Adventures in Odyssey and looking out the window. That doesn't sound bad. However, that routine might get tiring after awhile.
We stay with Grandma and Grandpa until Wednesday and then we head back into Idaho, the panhandle, where we will be camping on the lake. There, I will occupy my time with my cross-stitch, some Jane Austen books, a Violet Travilla book, my story that I am writing, and some crossword puzzles. (For those of you who wonder some things: 1. my cross-stitch is progressing slowly but surely. Who knows maybe I could finish it! 2. I have not finished Tribulation Force; I have just decided to leave it at home, because it is so good. Sounds weird, but it's a quirk I have. I want to savor it, and since I read out loud sometimes, that would annoy everyone else. Lastly, 3. I am bringing all this stuff to do because Mom and I are often left at the campsite while the guys go fishing. Sure we will walk Nikki and go on hikes, but you can't do that all of the time.
Anyway, today has gone well. I am all packed and ready to go. Everyone else is doing something, so I decided that I should post now while I have the chance. I am sure once I am done, I will find something that needs done:) I had to go to Walmart and buy another pair of capris. (I wear skirts mostly, but it rather impractical ehile one is camping.) Other than taking Melody to the Ransoms, that was all the excitement for today.
Oh, Glory Road was a good movie. They portrayed the racism almost too well, though, and the "n" word was in there liberally. Other than that, I liked it. I got teary-eyed twice. (Does that surprise anyone?) I don't have to own this movie, but I would watch it again.
Well, I suppose this ought to be it. Keep me in your prayers, for safety and for the Lord to do above and beyond what I ask or think. So, good night, good night, parting is such sweet sorrow. (Uh,why did I just quote that. I don't even like Shakespeare!)
Lord, keep my family in Your protective care as we go away. Watch over us, watch over Melody, and even our house. Give us a blessed time as a family, and please don't let us get quick with one another. Help me, especially, to show love, honor, and respect to those who I come in contact with, particularly when it's hard. In the difficult situations with Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Michael, please let everything go better than I anticipate, like it did with Nana and PopPop. I know that You are capable of this. I surrender these things into Your hands. May You be evident in all that I do, and all that I am. I love you, Lord. Amen.
Friday, July 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
How long until we get back home? Oh the many people that will miss me.... and I them.
Bye, Gabrielle! We'll miss you!
New post! I know you're home now, so I can start begging. Haha.
Post a Comment