Thursday, July 13, 2006

Well, I said that I had planned to post everyday. I didn't. I perfectly intended to yesterday, but it was late when I got home, and then Garrett wanted to use the computer. So, being a loving sister, I let him. I apologize to everyone who was hoping for posts. However, I will make it up to you. I will post rather long today, and then once again tomorrow.
Roaring Springs was sooooo much fun!!! I was there from when it opened at 11 o'clock in the morning until it closed at 8 at night. That's a long time. My feet are now killing me. Walking on hot concrete for nine hours has given me some blisters on my big toes:) Anyway, Hannah, Brianne, and I went on every ride. I did not go on the Avalanche, however, since I wasn't allowed. The new ride was great, but I think I like the four-person ride the best. The lazy river is also nice, if all you want is relax. Brianne wanted to go on the ride she dubbed "the squeaky" several time... which we did! Hannah got her wish and went in the wave pool, but I didn't stay in long. It makes me feel sick:0
As to the skimpy bathing suit thing, it was rather bad. I won't get into details, but suffice to say, I am glad my brother wasn't there. I am extremely protective, and being in that atmoshpere would be the last thing I would want for him. It was nice to be around girls that feel the same way on issues like this as I do. It helped. Also, there was the flirty behavior I expected. That stuff repulses me. It is just sickening that people MY age act like that, and they think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am glad that I don't know anyone who is that way. So, overall, I was upset with the ways of the world that I saw. But, you see it everywhere, don't you? I am thatnkful, though, that the Lord has chosen me as his own, and he has given me strong convictions, and strong parents and friends who encourage me that way.
Today, I went to my get together at Meghann's. It was enjoyable, for the most part. I got the answer about Brianne joinging us that I was hoping for. We decided that we would do things with her over the summer, so she would develop comfort around everyone, and then find out if she wanted to do the group. Anyway, I did suffer some disappointment, in that I found out I was not invited to Ashley's birthday party. I won't deny that I was mad at first, but I have prayed about it. I took it personally at first; I have been extremely in my beliefs and she doesn't always see eye to eye. But, then I realized that sometimes that you need to cut people out in order to keep it small. I was surprised it was me, but she did it to another friend at church too. I don't resent Ashley at all. I understand why she had to do it. But, my flesh, like always, can struggle, and it is going through that a bit right now. Lord, only You can ease the tiny sadness that I feel. You know that I harbor no anger, but I also thought Ashley would invite me. Just help me, and always remind me that you have a purpose for things. Perhaps, since there are going to be boys that I don't know, you are protecting me. I can't understand your ways, but I do know they are the best.
Tonight, Garrett is out mowing the lawn, and I think Mom and Dad are going to set up their new food dehydrator. Then, we are going to watch Glory Road. We have had it on hold for a long time, and since it finally came in, we have to see it before we leave on Saturday. Or else, we would have a huge fine, and since it could be on my library card, I definitely don't want that.
Oh, yeah, I said I was going to mention who won the baseball game. Up until the ninth inning, it looked like my National League team would win, but the American League had a rally in the top of the ninth, got ahead by one run, and then the N.L. could never bounce back. Big bummer!!!!! I was disappointed, but after all, it's only a game. It wont matter in the scheme of things. The world will go on regardless.
I had better get off. We haven't eaten yest, and I might need to help with dinner. So, this is it for today. Tomorrow, I will be cleaning, packing, hopefully reading an e-mail from a friend, dropping my bird, Melody, off at the Ransom's, and then get to bed. Sounds busy, doesn't it?! Oh, yeah, throw posting into the mix too!!! Wow!

4 comments:

Garrity G. said...

ALL of the Joe Blow girls you see at stores or at places are just ugly. I know a good looking person when I see one. The everyday girls are ALWAYS just POSOTIVELY UGLY. The game was a bummer. I didn't like Ozzie's point of view about his lineup.

Ella said...

Uh.. where to begin about your comment?! I agree with you about the game. I think Phil Garner was a better manager than Ozzie. As to the dress, don't call girls ugly. Sure, they dress inapropriately and with bad taste, but we are called to love them. Hehehehe.

Garrity G. said...

Well it's sick to look at them. Especially if they wear those gut shirts.

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Ella,

I feel just like you do with the whole flirting thing. It's horrible! And what was so terrible is that I was constantly confronted with that at my youth group at my old church. And these people were supposed to be Christians seriving their Lord!!! It was SO saddening.