Happy Wednesday to all of my blog readers. I hope this day finds you all well and in the arms of our Heavenly Father. I have had a great past two days, and I want to share the highs with each of you.
Yesterday, we ran a whole bunch of errands. Mom had a chiropratic appointment, followed by checking at Barnes and Noble for a book. (Usually we avoid that store, excepting Christmas, but I was looking for a harback edition of all Jane Austen books. I found one in softcover, but that was it.) Then, we went to the mall for some baby outfits. (There are many prolific families at our church, it is nice to have backup baby shower gifts.) I picked my edition of As Time Goes By at the music store. Yippee!! Then we went to Winco for some groceries. Nothing was much exciting that morning. Though we did get a rare treat of going to Starbucks for a blackberry green tea creme frappichino. It is really good; I recommend it highly.
Next on the excitement meter was going to a Boise Hawks baseball game. Garrett brought a friend,and I hung out with Dad for a while. During the National Anthem, a huge dust storm came up, and it was sooo hard to see. It got in my eyes. I felt rather bad for the girl singing. Then, the rest of the D.'s showed up, and watched the game with us. They made it in time to watch Garrett and Jim shug Pepsi in a contest. (Rather disgusting. If you want to read the full rundown, go to Garrett's blog.:) After the Hawks won 6 to 0, we went to Dairy Queen. I didn't eat any ice cream; I had enough sugar and junk food that day.
This morning, I got to have Ivy, Ashley, and Brianne over. I was semi-nervous at first. I wanted Brianne to meet the girls, yet I was afraid that she would be silent as a rock, just like when I first met her. She wasn't; she was extremely talkative. She told me afterwards that she does well when there is at least one person that she knows. We played Apples to Apples, Cranium,and Taboo. It was so much fun. That's not to mention having a picnic outside under the apricot tree. I only wish Meghann could have been there; she had a cold and canceled:(
I stand amazed at the Lord again this day. He did above and beyond what I asked or thought. I believe that has happened alot lately. It truly has been cool. He always reveals himself when I least expect it. That is one of the things that makes life soo exciting. It always leaves you wondering: "Ok, Lord, what are you going to do today?!" Yet, I also realize that he doesn't just have to do big things; he can even show off in the small things. Another day of being alive is just as important, maybe even more so.
I had better get of for today. Dad just got home, and dinner is almost done. I am not sure what I will do this evening. Maybe I will work up the courage and call Alice. Maybe.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











8 comments:
Why? Am I scary?
I'm glad you've had such a wonderful past couple of days! It's amazing how much we can see God work when we are paying attention! Thanks for the reminder!
NO!!!!!!! Of course not!!!!! (Please don't even think that!!!) I am always a tiny bit nervous when I call someone for the first time; it's the same for anyone. After I have done it, it's no problem. I do need to know when it is best to call you, considering the time change.
I am glad that you felt "ministered" by my post. It is just the way I have felt lately.
Why do you alwys call Shifty "Garrett's friend"? He does have a name you know.
I was just kidding! You can call any time. Lately, I've been up until one every night, but other people go to bed, so probably just any time before ten is fine.
One of the reasons that I started my "Blessing Book" was because it is so easy to miss the daily workings of the Lord in our lives. By writing blessings down each day or two, I have a written record of his goodness.
Maybe I should start a blessing book, Mom. I know how yours has ministered to you.
Alice, I will remember that in the future. (Have you been up watching movies?:)
Garrett, calling your friends what I do is just a habit. I am sorry.
Haha. Yeah, sorta.
A blessing book is a great idea!! I sort of do that in a journal (though I write in it very rarely). Maybe I should start a blessing book....... I have SOOOO many things that I could share which have just been nothing short of amazing in my life and with my family that the Lord has just worked wonders to show His mercy and grace, and in order to recieve the glory He is due. I am daily in awe of the amazing things, even the little tiny things, that are simply amazing and undeserved. I guess that's why I like your blog so much-you seem to be just like me in that area. lol
Post a Comment