Ok, I know it has been several days since I have been on this blog. I have been busy cleaning out the garage. Yuck! It has to get done, but it's not on my list of "things to do." We have made progress, but there are still boxes out there. Whether we get them done by the start of school remains to be seen. I am not going to guess either way.
Life has been good lately. I don't know what to say about it. It's great being alive in this day and age. (Not that I like what's going on morally, though.) I made a chocolate zucchini cake last night. I had wanted to use Alice's recipe, but I didn't have chocolate chips, so I found a different one. It tasted really good; you had no idea zucchini was even in it. However, I wish the frosting I had used turned out better. It was a browned sugar frosting. (We had it at Grandma's house, and it was yummy!) Mine was too hard. When you take a forkful, the frosting would come off. Oh, well, it still tasted fine. It might not win points for presentation, but who cares?
I also have been working on a poem for my friend's birthday. It is hard to come up with words that rhyme, yet sound good together. Sometimes, you can make rather dumb stanzas that don't make sense while using rhyming words. This time, I think it went very well, though it took a couple of days. Yesterday, I printed it on some pretty pale green and blue paper, framed it, and then I gave it to Ashley today. I think she liked it. (I wonder what Mrs. C. will think of it?!)
Yesterday, Friday, we had movie night. Normally it is game night, but Dad's back was bothering him. So, we headed down stairs. Before we started, I got a BIG surprise phone call from Alice!!!!! I was not expecting that!! It totally made my day! Then, we watched two movies, one of which was Key Largo, with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. It was good. Tonight, we will, again, have movie night. That's what we usually do on Saturdays.
Today Melody got her nails clipped. I found out that she is underwight, again. I don't know what to do about that girl. I have tried, but I guess I have to keep at it! Candice gave me some ideas of what to do, so I will give them a try.
Oh, on Thursday, we had a youth thing at Tully Park. Dad stayed and did things with us. We played soccer, and I didn't do too bad. I went after the ball, and just focused on doing my best. I did not demand perfection, and thus, I had nothing to worry about. Then, some played volleyball, which I sat out and just talked with Grace. That was better, much more so than making a fool out of myself. We ended the evening with some of the visiting team giving their testimonies and singing. It was a nice evening. I thank the Lord that I go to that church, where the youth are not like the typical youth that you find in mainstream churches today!!
I don't think there is much left to say. I need to eat some lunch, and then I might read or something. Take care!
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
It was really nice talking with you; we'll have to do it again soon!
Sounds like life is treating you well.
It is, and we will!!!! I am soooo happy with things.
Post a Comment