Monday, August 14, 2006

OK EVERYONE!!!! I am just going to say something really short, so you'll know that I still exist!! I have been busy today baking for the Western Idaho Fair. I decided upon my chocolate chip and cinnamon pecan icebox cookies. They all turned out really well, and I am excited to see what the judges will say. I will take them by the fairgrounds tomorrow, and I think the judging takes place on Wednesday. I will be sure to let you all know how I did.

Life has been extremely well lately. I have been having great times with my family, and my church family. (No, we didn't stay at church until 11 last night. Bummer:) Garrett and Dad are at aother Boise Hawks baseball game, and Mom and I are just puttering around in the kitchen. Pastor Jeff and his family are coming by to pick up plums this evening, so we are looking forward to that. I don't think making cards will get done. Another bummer, but joyful flexibility! (Not that I struggle with seeing the E's:)

You all can be praying about something that the Lord is directing me about. I am considering writing an article for one of two magazines. Just pray that the Lord would guide me to the right topic, and that I would say the right words.

Tomorrow is the D's. Yippee!! I always look forward to seeing my "sisters," Anneliese and Lindsey. I am sure my time with them will be a blessing.

I had better go finish up in the kitchen. Hope you all are great, and expect me to blog again soon!!!

38 comments:

Shifty said...

When is the fair starting??

Alice said...

Yay! She posted!! What kind of cookies are they?

Ella said...

Ok, the fair starts on the 18th and goes through the 27th. (I am not positive on that.) I made chocolate chip and cinnamon pecan icebox cookies. They are both scrumptous!

Garrity G. said...

Alice, didn't you ead the post? Ella, the name "D's" is already taken.

Alice said...

Oh, look at that. Who knew?

Shifty said...

Here is a link to my friends site who is a english major, seeing as you like writing. Her writing very different, but very good.

http://www.xanga.com/and_its_still_raining

Ella said...

Shifty, I can't see her blog because Xanga is blocked.

Garrity, they will now be called the Dy's. Thanks for pointing that out.

Alice, HI!! (I do hope you read my posts!) "Snicker"

Alice said...

Haha. I do read your posts. I must have been looking ahead or something.

Come on, people; seven comments is way too low. Er, eight.

Shifty said...

WOOPEEE!!! I agree with Alice, we should make it 9!!!

Ella said...

I'll make it ten, just for fun!

Shifty said...

11?

Shifty said...

12?

Shifty said...

13?

Shifty said...

fourteeeeeeeeeeeennnn??

Shifty said...

i like 15 thats a good number

Shifty said...

how bout 16?

Shifty said...

17?

Shifty said...

19

Shifty said...

20!!!

Shifty said...

C'mon Ella, get "strange"!!

Shifty said...

C'mon Ella, get "strange"!!

Shifty said...

C'mon Ella, get "strange"!!

Shifty said...

C'mon Ella, get "strange"!!

Shifty said...

C'mon Ella, get "strange"!!

Shifty said...

oops

Ella said...

You have got to be bored!! My blog is turning into a nonsense thing!! And what do you want me to do that's strange. Say, "whatever?"

People, let's start being normal around here:-)

Garrity G. said...

Shifty's normal!!!

Garrity G. said...

I'm normal

Garrity G. said...

Here's 30!!! :) :) !)

Alice said...

Oh, my goodness.

Shifty said...

Dear Gabriel,
I am sorry that I we have thought your comment page on your blog a joke. Please forgive us in this violatoin of your space that you made (well Garret helped a little). I personally will try harder to make it a better, safer, and more Godly area. Thank you for not killing me, Jim.

Ella said...

Shifty, that's ok, and I really don't mind the joke. I just want it getting to out of hand:)

Ella said...

I still like you commenting though.

Garrity G. said...

I was wrong also to join in. Sorry. :(

Alice said...

Sorry!

Ella said...

Everyone, it's not THAT BIG of a problem. Maybe, I shouldn't have said anything!? I did like the joke; I am going to want to see how many comments I get while I am gone, except you do have to carry on a conversation. (Like I did on your blog, Alice, when we talked about ticks.:)

Anonymous said...

Well, just to get in on the fun, I will leave a comment, too. I sure do love those cookies you made!! They never last long enought, though.

Ella said...

Thanks, Mom. Let's hope the judges think so.