Let's see.. Bible time, check. Piano practice, check. School, check. Dusting, check. Fold laundry, check. Exercise, check. Make some sort of treat, waiting on an ingredient that Dad is buying at the store. Blogging... uh, check! :-)
Well, that's been my day so far. For those of you who care to know, I spent my entire practice time trying to figure out my original composition. I would really appreciate your prayers on this. I am about to go crazy, or maybe I already have! I am thinking the Irish Jig idea is going to be scrapped, and instead, I am going to do something about Springtime. Who is to say yet!
Again, I am loving my school books, except I have gotten to a rather depressing part in Uncle Tom's Cabin. However, I am enjoying it despite this. My Ronald Reagan report is in the note taking stage. I don't have any idea when that will be finished! Yet I am so glad that I chose to do it about him. He's truly an amazing guy, yet I have said that before:-)
I am waiting to make these cranberry bliss bars when Dad gets home. I have a cookbook that are "top secret recipes" from like restaurants, fast food chains, and things like that. (No, it's not the exact recipe, but almost.) These bars are from Starbucks. I have never personally had them, but the recipe sounds really good. It also is pretty fattening, or maybe the word I want is rich. Anyway, I am waiting on some white chocolate that goes in the batter. I plan on taking these to the Ladies' Fellowship tomorrow night, so I have to bake them this evening.
I am sure you all want to hear about my weekend. Saturday was wonderful. We went to the tearoom, and stayed there for over three hours with Grace and Mrs. D. It was a really nice time of fellowship and food. Then, Mom and I made cards, or rather she did. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. I wanted to do a different type of card, instead of the ones I usually do, but nothing was coming to me. I did finish one before Mom and I went to watch Wives and Daughters.
Ok, about that.... I LOVED it. It was a great movie. (Thanks to Melinda for loaning it to me!) It is long, 5 hours, but you get really into the story line. It is entirely decent, and I believe there is only one low cut dress. The realationship between Molly and her dad is great, and Molly's attitude throughout the whole movie is fantastic. I did cry at the end of tape two, though I won't say why. I will tell you that I was on tinterhooks until the final credits. I was hitting the couch and talking to the tv screen, I was so into it. Those who have seen it probably understand my meaning. Anyway, it was good, and I do intend to buy it. It's one of those that you want when the guys are gone on an eighteen hour fishing excursion, as they were this time. However, if I get the movie before or after Christmas remains to be seen:-)
Yesterday was church. I was up with the kids, and I enjoyed it. We did stay down for part of the service but then we went up and traced the kids' hands and feet and talked about how we can use these to serve the Lord. It was great fun. After church, Garrity went to the B's house while Mom, Dad, and I went to Golden Corral with Pastor Jeff and his family, as well as Hannah and her family. We had a wonderful time of fellowship and stayed there until 4:30. Then, we came home for a half hour to take care of Nikki, and then headed back to church. It seems like a crazy day, but it was a great day.
Well, I had better see if I need to help with dinner. It is dreary out here right now. I am wearing a scarf that I made around the house. No, I am not cold; I just like it. However, I did have a beam of sunshine today. I saw the Lord answer a prayer that I had prayed that morning. Isn't the Lord wonderful! I know I can say that today; I hope you can too. Even if not in a form of answer prayer, look and see; you will discover that He IS wonderful, regardless of what things appear like!
Monday, October 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











38 comments:
Yeah, sorry but I was the one praying for rain (no not sunny days)
I just like the fresh new feeling and the sweet smell. This is our first rain of the season.
I've been eyeing that movie... Im glad it was good! Now I think I'll just have to buy it! =) If only it wasn't so expensive, but then, it is long! It's nice that there was only one low-cut dress, for I know my daddy will want to watch it with me. He actually really likes these types of movies! :-)
Anna Naomi: My dad says anything with people drinking tea with british accents and ride in horse drawn carriages, he can't whatch.
crazy about my dads taste for movies. He slept through pirates of the carribean and said that it was a boring and silly movie.
Ella; i talk to the tv whenever I watch it!
I knew you would like Wives and Daughters!!! I have to go as far to say that I believe it is better then Pride and Predjuice.
PS
Anna, it's cheaper on Amazon!
How did the bars turn out? Thank you for calling them "bars" instead of something like "cookie-bars." "Bars" is so NORTHERN! :-)
Shifty, we have sunny days now!
Anna, you definitely need to see it. I bet your dad would like it. It's more that a girly movie; there is a really intriguing plot line.
Grace, your dad has an "interesting" taste in movies. I liked Pirates, and I love British movies.
Erin, thanks for the recommendation. I need to find somewhere to get it cheaply.
Alice, the bars were fantastic. Rich, but yummy. I will have to post it. I didn't know bars was a Northern thing.
You are lucky that you got to eat a lot of food at Golden Corral.
I didn't know bars was Northern, either. We live in the South and say it a lot.
Anna, Mother and I have been wanting the Wives and Daughters for awhile now, so we're probably going to get it, but I don't know when.
My dad does not really care for those kind of movies, so we'll probably wait till he gone somewhere for a long time.
Really? Wow, that's great! But, do you eat Jello with the meal or for dessert?
I'M PRAYIN FOR SUNNY DAAAAAAAYS TO RETURN TO ME!!!!!!
(not)
Alice, I am try to make sense of that comment. If I eat jello, it would be for dessert, but then, if it's a jello salad of sorts, it is with dinner. Weird!
Shifty, are you wanting rain? I agree with Brianne, you are acting a tiny bit strange but that's ok. You wouldn't be you if you weren't!
Garrity, sorry you weren't there with us at Golden Corral. I know Peter wished you were there.
Miriam, my dad isn't overly into those movies either. He says he watches them, but I think he really is watching the backs of his eyelids!
Praying for rainy daaaaaaaaaaaays to return to me.
I'm not trying to be a nuisance, I just think we can comment better than this.
awww you guys are soooo mean :(
uh, I think Garrity caught the weirdness from Shifty... or may be he's alway's been like this. Probably.
the hidden side of garrity... REVEALED!!!
Ah, so you ARE southern. In my book, Jello is ALWAYS eaten with the meal in the north. Even plain. Especially with hot dish.
the wierd thing about blogs and commenting is that you are more likely to talk about nothing than something, but all that nothing means so many somethings. ironic.
I am not weird.
Grace, you want to talk about something, so lets talk all talk about something serious.
lets talk about something that has to do with something serios
Alice, remember that what kind of language do you speak thing on your blog? Well, I was mostly American english, with some dixie and a tiny bit of yankee.
To all my other commenters, I agree that we should figure out something serious. Let's just leave the weird thing at this: Go made each of us differently, and that includes Garrity and Shifty!
just kiddin'....
Even though we are different, Shifty and I are still a lot alike.
Hahaha. I guess that explains the jello salad being with the dinner. ;-)
Yeah doesn't it?! :-)
brianne you are so mean :(
you make me want to cry in my pillow!
*goes and cries in his pillow but forgets to breath because he is so sad so he dies! The end*
Goodness, you go away for a couple days and come back and Shifty is dead! LOL
Hi Ella! Been super busy this week, how about you?
Oh, I eat jello when I am sick with the stomach flu. It's the only thing that taste good. And we don't make cookie bars, we make cookies. Great for dipping in cold milk.
Oh, oh, It rained here yesterday...
now it's cold outside. I want summer back!!!!
*shifty raises his head from the grave to say one last final phrase*
rain rocks the world like chocolate makes the world go round!
*shifty falls back into his grave with a thud and is never seen again except in those rare instances when he has to comment on peoples' blogs :P*
Golly, see what I miss going on the internet once or twice a day?! Don't die, Shifty!
Erin, I have a really good week. Just kept busy with school and this research paper I have had to do. I remember eating jello when I left the hospital six years ago. it was the only thing good too!
yeah, I posted so that means you have to post
There I removed all of my dead comments off of here. Happy, Ella?
Post a Comment