Ok, something short. I wanted to thank you all for the nice comments and prayers that you all gave me over the loss of Melody. Your friendship means alot! She has been gone one week now, and it still hurts a little, but I am doing much better. On the bird front, I won't be getting one for quite a while. The process is too long involved to get into right now, but I will let you know when I get another one, and also its name.
I don't have the pictures uploaded on the computer yet, so I can't post them. The bananarama was great fun. I was on a team with Hannah, Christina and William L., and Shifty's (and Grace's) brother, Billy. Pastor Chris was our driver. We did have to measure some dumb things, like a person between 55 and 65's arm! That was embarrassing. Our team got back to the B.'s house last, but that didn't matter. While waiting on pizza, we played kickball. Girls against boys, and guess which side won?! The girls did!! That was exciting. After two innings, we enjoyed the aforesaid pizza and banana splits. It was a nice afternoon.
Church was great. We had a guest speaker, and I was not able to hear him in the morning service. I was upstairs working in the three to kindergartens' class. I love being up there, but this upcoming Sunday is my last for a month. Then Brianne will take over! Anyway, I did a puppet show, and that was heartily enjoyed by them, and me. Sunday evening had another finger food fellowship. (Baptists must love to eat!) I got to listen to Dean Loftus then, and his talk was very good. I always enjoy guests, but I always look forward to Pastor Jeff!
Nothing much else out of the ordinary is going on. We ate pumpkin shakes on Friday. I am not sure if I mentioned that before. Talk about a slice of pumpkin pie crammed in a glass. You should try it! Other than that, there is nothing exciting, except watching baseball. As I have said, my family is a baseball watching family, yet only in the playoffs. It has been great fun doing that as a family. Now, on a God-honoring blog, I am sure you don't want sports recaps. So I'll just say that the World Series is tied one ot one, and I hope the home team wins tonight. Yes, my family will be watching.
Well, I will stop for now. Sorry about the pics. I will try to get them up soon. Again, thanks for being there, all of you, when I needed some friends last week. The Lord was always there, but so were you, and I am really grateful. I am truly blessed by God to have the family I have and friends such as you! I don't deserve you, but I am thankful for you!
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











15 comments:
Well, we surely don't deserve you, either, Ella.
I'm glad you're doing alright, Ella! I guess you're happy about the game last night! I actually watched some of it! :-)
Aw, I am not that special. :-) Just kidding. :-)
Alice, nice to hear from you! I was pleased about the game. Are you surprised that I watch baseball? We're also watching tonight. I really could care less. But then, why am I wearing a Cardinals shirt? And why do I get nervous when they have runners on base? Weird! Hope all is well in Minnesota!
That really is strange, if you could really care less. (:
Have you heard that I switched to rooting for the B.S.K.(Big Striped Kitties)? I just think that they have better chances of winning. Don't ask me to explain.
Okay, I posted this and it didn't go through, I think...So I will repeat myself...
We make pumpkin shakes at home
We use Libby's pumpkin pie filling, Bryers Vanilla icecream, vanilla wafers and mix it all together in the blender with a bit of milk, pour into a cup, top with whip cream and sprinkle pumpkin spice on top...
Make me hungry!
Ella: That's what brothers are for eh?
Erin: mmmm that sounds yummy
Ella again: I haven't really whatched the game at all, but as you probobly know, I am rooting for a game six!
hi
Hey, Ella! No, I'm not surprised at all that you watch baseball! There seems to be some confusion here as to when there is a game, though. When we drove through the Canadian-U.S. customs into Michigan, after the guy asked us some questions, he said, "Go Tigers." And THEN, before they gave my mom her food in Tim Hortons, they asked her if she was a Tigers fan!
Yep, things are great in Minnesota. I found something really funny that I took a picture of and will post for your entertainment (or should I say Garret's?) as soon as possible. Ha. You will laugh.
hi to you too, grace
Erin, that does sound yummy!
Alice, I will look forward to seeing the picture. We are all on the edge waiting to see if there will be a game tonight. Last night's was rained out, and were we bummed! Glad all is well in Minnesota!
Brianne, how dare you change teams!!
Grace, how was your week, and how was the tea?
Shifty, brothers are around to lend sisters shirts? Haha.
PUMPKIN SHAKES!!!!!!!!!
Garret, cool it!!!
It is DEFINITELY time for another post.
post! Post! Post! Post! Post! Post! (hehehe)
Hey! Notice that she said her next post would have pictures in it so it's not like she can sit down and post! She needs to wait for a time when she can have time. Patience is the key my friends! Patience!
Post a Comment