"Starbucks" Cranberry Bliss Bars
For the cake: 1 cup butter, softened; 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar; 3 eggs; 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; 1 teaspoon ginger; 1/4 teaspoon salt; 1 1/2 cups flour; 3/4 cup dried cranberries, diced;
6 ounces white chocolate, cut into chucks (or chips)
Frosting: 4 ounces cream cheese, softened; 3 cups powdered sugar; 4 teaspoon lemon juice;
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Drizzled icing: 1/2 cup powdered sugar; 1 tablespoon milk; 2 teaspoons butter
Topping: 1/4 cup dried cranberries, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Make cake by beating butter and brown sugar together with mixer until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, ginger, and salt. Beat well. Mix in flour until smooth. Mix 3/4 cup diced dried cranberries and white chocolate into the batter by hand. Pour batter into greased 13x9 baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly. (Do not fear if the dough is thick and not more liquid like. It will be fine.) Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake is golden brown around the edges. Allow cake to cool.
3. Make frosting by combining softened cream cheese, 3 cups powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. When the cake has cooled, use a spatula to spread the frosting.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cranberries over the frosting
5. Whisk together 1/2 powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and butter until smooth. Drizzle icing over the cranberries in a sweeping motion.
6. Allow cake to sit for several hours, then slice the cake length-wise once through the middle. Slice the cake across the width three times, making a total of 8 rectangular slices. Slice each of those 8 slices once diagonally, created 16 triangular slices.
(Note- It doesn't say to put the bars in the fridge, but I did. You keep cream cheese in the fridge, don't you?)











29 comments:
mmmmm, yummy!
oooh, bars
bar hoppin :P
smooth talkin', shifty!
bar hoppin'!hey that is all jim does! What, did you guys actually think he was hunting rabbits with my dad last night?
lol
yeah, right! Church discipline, tell me about it!!!
Friends, I would have hoped on this post that you would talk about the recipe, and not bar hoppin'.
Don't mean to seem rude, but it's the truth:-)
ok. Those bars were really good at the LF. I don't think my dad would like em, tho, he would say that they are too sweet. The sweeter the better for me!
I am very glad that my friends are not ashamed to confront people, so I don't think ur being rude, ella.
I think that my dad likes those bars.
I am finally getting the pictures from the baseball game developed!!!
I'm sorry ella, I'll try to stop bringing up not-so-great subjects.
I appreciate everyone on this. I am glad I haven't offended anybody! Grace, you need to make these; I think that would be something you'd enjoy baking!
hey ella, when are you going to post?
yep i'd say it's time for a post
I don't post as often as you do now, Brianne. I do it when I have the time! :-) Which I don't have right now!
sorry i asked.
No biggie! I'll see you tomorrow!
How is everybody else?
I am good, thanks for asking.
bad news. My mom and my dad both dislike the cranberry bars at strabucks and requested that I not make them. *Sigh.* I am going to go jump into a painting and never come back!
But we would miss you so, and cry into our pillows, right Shifty?
Yeah,
Why do they dislike them, Grace? Do they say they are too sweet?
I'm VERY late at getting into the discussion, but the bars were very good. However, they were way too sweet...espcially when I had a couple of them early in the morning before I had eaten something healthy. Too much sugar always brings a headache on for me.
I would try the bars again, but maybe without the 2nd frosting. I'll bet they would be sweet enough without it.
yes, my mom said that they are especially sweet. I still wish to bake them. Baking is so much fun. Relaxing, really.
Yeah, there is something about baking. I made scones yesterday. I think they are all gone. Whoeats them all I wonder?...
betcha fifty bucks it was Garrity. JK! I don't bet money. *sniff*
Post a Comment