Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I know you all want pictures, but I don't have any!!!!!!!! I thought I did, but I don't. I didn't take any at the BananaRama, and while I did bring the camera to the Missions Conference, Garrity told me to have someone else take them. So, hopefully, he will send my brother pics, who, in turn, will send them to me, and then I will post them. So, until then, you will have to wait!

The missions conference was very good. I enjoyed the guest speaker, Pastor Ron Allen, a lot. He was very good and extremely passionate about world wide evangelism. His talks really made me think...Do I pray adequately for my missionaries? Also, I really was thinking that I, one day, would love to go on a missions trip somewhere. I feel that since I am blessed here in this country, I should go and bless someone else in turn. Anyway, that was one of the thoughts that was impressed upon me.

Hosting the Hispanic table was a whole lot of fun, though a little on the chaotic side. There was plenty of food. I made flan, and it was fabulous. Normally I don't take something that I have never tried before, but I did this time. Scary, isn't it? At any rate, it was yummy! We made a pumpkin pinata, and the kids loved breaking it. Dad had Pasotr Jeff swing at it, and boy, that was a sight to see:-) We stayed a long time, but when you're with family, that doesn't matter.

Life is pretty much normal at my house. I will admit, we were faithful watchers of the World Series this past week, though. Usually, the tv doesn't come on but once or twice during the week. Anyway, we were super excited that the Cardinals won!!!! That was an exciting series. If you want the full run down, go to Garrity's blog. I won't deny that I jumped a little when vthe fibal out was recorded.

Tomorrow, I have my group with the girls. I hope it will go better. I think the plan is to celebrate Ivy's birthday, and then get a schedule set for Secret Keeper. I bought my book, and I am looking forward to the study. I also bought the devotional, and I believe that will be a good addition to personal use. I plan on post some of the things that the Lord will teach me through it. No, I don't dress immodestly, but still, I assume you might want a thought or two.

Well, dinner is almost done, so I have to leave. I didn't get to say all I wanted, but I was also talking to Dad on the phone at the same time. Anyway, my apologizes if this post sounded trite. I didn't intend for it to be. Hope you are having a great week, and a great time in the Lord. I will post again very soon, or so I hope! You are all in my prayers!!

8 comments:

Shifty said...

Yes, I am thinking about maybe saving up for a trip to russia. I want to go with our homeschool group which takes trips there on a regular basis.

Anna Naomi said...

I enjoyed the update. Secret Keepers is a good book! I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts on it.

Anonymous said...

russia, mussia! Lets go to Ireland!!!!!

Alice said...

Thanks for the post!

I'm sorry I never got those recipes to you! I can't BELIEVE that!

That book sounds good; yes, yes, post about it! It never hurts to be reminded of those things.

Ella said...

Shifty and Grace, I would want to go to China or maybe some place in the Carribean. Ireland might not be too bad either. Garrity would pull for Russia.

Anna and Alice, I will post about Secret Keeper. I am looking forward to it, as well as hearing your thoughts on my thoughts!

Garrity G. said...

Yes, Russia would be cool.

Shifty said...

Garrity and I should go to Russia together.

Garrity G. said...

Yeah we should.