
Ok, I bet you're looking at the picture, and you're thinking, "Is Ella nuts?! Since when is that little dusting of snow considered 'Winter Wonderland?' You can't make 'Parson Brown' out of that?" Well, ya'll, this little dusting is the Treasure Valley's first snowfall. We don't get much; nowhere in comparison to Buffalo. :-) Still, it was exciting to walk downstairs and see a tiny speck of whiteness. I am not sure if we're supposed to get any more, but I do know we will be having cold temperatures. (I think Wednesday is a high of 29 degrees! Brrrr!!!!) Anyway, I just wanted you all to see a picture....

I also need your help...BIG TIME!!! The bird in the front, the pretty yellow one, is my new bird. She is doing very well with weaning and everything that the plan is to bring her home this weekend. Now, I don't need your help with that, but I need a name. I don't quite know what to choose, and Mom and Dad are telling me to decide. So, I figured I'd ask. Please give me advice. There is one thing you need to know: I want a name that is either literary, musical, or something regal/monarch like. Does that make sense? I need ideas really soon, and I am relying on ya'll to help me!!!











25 comments:
I still think Harmony is a good name, since your last bird was Melody.
Harmony is good. I think I suggested that once. I also really like Juliet.
And, I know, how funny it is that we get all excited about a TINY speck of snow!! It's just that we get so little here in SW Idaho that we are anxious for any little bit.
I love that Josh Groban song. He has an amazing voice!
Harmony could be an option...do you think it's too close to Melody though? Glad you like the song, Mom. I use it alot on my blog!
Harmony would be good as he(or she) is the second bird and a harmony is known as a second part, but I don't think that is very fitting. I mean, who likes a harmony?!?! A harmony is no good without a melody!! So, I will give you my ever so lowly advice. I think that you should name it, (yeah I know it's not an it but what else is it :P) Sunshine! I like that! Sunshine is good... buuuut a little akward... hmmm... let me think... Dolce (pronounced Dolchae) buuut... again that sounds a little off... hmmm... Allegro? eh... no... (I am using periods ALOT!!) how bout... Sunny? I guess that sounds good... Sunny... I like Sunny... Ok! My pic is Sunny!
I was SOOOO excited about the snow this morning too! I hope we get more overnight tonight. I want more snow.
Did you hear the hail last night (early Monday morning)? It woke me up at 4:45, it was pounding on the house so hard. It was almost deafening.
I think you should name your bird Roger. ;-) Or Pip. Or Fitzwilliam.
Ella, Ella, the snow is coming toward us! It's growing too! We may be snowed in!
How ya do'in girlfriend? I haven't made it to the post office yet!!!!! Sorry! I will try to get there tomorrow or Wednesday! I'm sorry it's taking me so long to mail you your pretty bracelet and suprise.
I like Harmony...if I had a bird it would be named Flat! Cuz that's how I sing...very flat!
***LET IT SNOW**** LET IT SNOW*** LET IT SNOW*** [All snuggled up under a heavy quilt sipping a cup of hot cocoa! 0= ]
Oh...I saw you found Blog Raido Club...Isn't it sooo nifty!!!
I agree with Shifty. I would name the bird Sunny.
Congratulations on your snow! The first time in the year that it comes is so exciting. It is even more exciting if you lose power for six days. Haha.
I like Juliet. Maybe Symphony? How about Cecille? I just found this website: http://loveofbirds.com/name.htm#D
Maybe it would be helpful.
orla, chloe, and elizabeth are good, but marriane and arwen are ggod two. I like harmony, but it is a little boring. Mheera and eavall are ggod for me. two ggod strong Irish names.
I t snowed a reasonable amount here yesterday and today!!
sorry about my spelling mistakes in the last entry!
I am taking a liking to the name symphony...
First, before I comment to each one of you, you guys are making it harder. You've given me alot of suggestions, which is good.
Shifty and Miriam, though it's cute, I don't think I am leaning to Sunny. Too much like Sonny and Cher. Or a guy from this mofia show we watched.
(Miriam, how are you doing, by the way?)
Melinda, I didn't hear the hail. I must have slept through it. I get a kick out of Roger. (Which I finally started that book.) Fitzwilliam is pretty cool, though perhaps a tad long.
Erin, wow!! I didn't know Missouri got that much snow. Don't worry about the gift yet; I wasn't expecting it any time soon. I am doing very good, and I am glad that your present is finished. Harmony is nice, but again, I don't know.
Alice, again, Juliet is cool. Symphony would be different. Oh, I just don't know.... How's everything with you? I am working on your gift!
Grace, I know where the Orla came from. Chloe is really nice. She is my favorite on Celtic Woman, and it's also a character in Left Behind. Mom really likes that one.
Thanks you all for the ideas, keep them flowing, and give me input on the other ideas already listed!! I am relying on you!
Everything here is good. The Christmas decorations are almost all up. In FACT, I heard "Deck the Halls" playing downstairs.
My present for you is done, it just isn't wrapped or mailed. Haha. It's still a little early, anyway.
Wow! I am impressed. As I told you, yours is having issues. Our radio station is playing Christmas music. It's great now, but by Christmas, I might be sick of it.
What do think of the other ideas for bird names?
Why don't you name the bird... um... I don't know.
Garrity, you are soooooo thoughtful. Alice, Symphony was a good one. I like it better than my own idea, Harmony. I also like Pip, Melinda. I just finished Great Expectations for the second time.
I like Chloe!
Yeah, I like Chloe, too, it just doesn't seem like a bird name to me. Maybe it is, I dunno. I guess it's okay.
Oh, I like Pip. Good one.
merry and pippin are two hobbits from lord of the rings. Mery is kinda cute!Is your bird short with harry feet? (claws, talons whatever!)
Let's see, ya'll, what I am thinking now... The issue with Pip is that I knew a person who had that name for a bird, and it's not too pleasant. But, I will admit, it's kind of cute.
I do like Chloe, as does Mom. Maybe that will be it, but I will also agree that it isn't quite a bird's name.
Merry is nice too. Hmmm...I will mention that one at dinner tonight.
However, I just thought of something. I like Chloe for a child's name, and if birds last for 20 years....you get the idea:-)
I'm doing fine! I'll try to email you soon
Ella, what did you say about symphony?
Post a Comment