Okay, I meant to do this a while ago. Yet with Uncle Scott's visit, and Blogger not working at the time, I could not post pictures of the rodeo we went to July 17th. Since I have spent the majority of my live in the South (though it's getting to not be that way anymore) I am more like a Southern belle. I probably am much more at home reading a book and sipping iced tea than I would be roping cattle. Now, I applaud those who do such things, and I can enjoy watching "The Western Lifestyle" that is pretty big this side of the Mighty Mississippi. So, for the second year, my family has attended the Snake River Stampede! It truly is a lot of fun. My favorite event, which we didn't get pictures of, was the Snake River Stampeders. Girls and horses decked out in lights doing figure eights and things. It's neat. However, there also was:
bronco bustin'
Okay, this one was better. So, that is the gist of the rodeo. It was fun, and we will go again next year! God bless ya'll! :-)











6 comments:
Looks like fun!
It was fun. I'm glad we went. I'm glad that we can get passes through the library summer reading program. That way we only had to buy tickets for dad and me.
Mom and Alice, it is a lot of fun. It is great that, for now, the library does passes for reading.
Alice, have you ever been to a rodeo? Even in Texas?
It looks pretty neat! I don't think I've been to a rodeo, although my horse-crazy little sister has. I did go and see the Lipizaner stallions one year - they were beautiful!
Anna, I feel so dumb...but what is a Lipizaner stallion? I don't know my horses too well!
Don't worry, Ella, I only know horse names because I live with a horse fanatic who tells me the breed of every horse we see! =)
Lipizzaner stallions are big, white, beautiful horses that are trained to do tricks and things. They call it "horse ballet". You can see pictures of them here: http://www.lipizzaner.com/
Post a Comment