Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bring It On

It often is amazing what God uses to speak to me. My family has been going through a difficult time with a lot of things. Our church situation isn't getting any better; it seems to be getting worse. So, there is that and a few other problems....I feel like life is on another roller coaster. (Dad says that is basically the case with our existence :-) Yesterday, I was brought to the breaking point, and before I had a crying session, I turned on the radio. I am not usually a MercyMe fan, but their newest single, Bring the Rain, spoke volumes to me.

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise you with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life has changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything the brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain
I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
This song brought tears to my eyes. I was so convicted of my feelings and thoughts I had been having. I want to be like Christ and to bring Him glory. However, pain is often a big way for that to happen. Thus, even though I would rather have things easy and a cake walk, I care about developing my character more. So, Lord, bring on the pain; You promised to give me the strength and grace to handle it.
I would appreciate your prayers for my family and myself. Please pray that God would guide my parents to the decisions that need to be made. Also, pray that the Lord would be glorified in what is going on. I want Him to grow me more and more into the likeness of Himself!

7 comments:

Alice said...

God bless you, Gabrielle! You hit it on the nose, if I may use the expression! :-) I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I also am not usually a Mercy Me fan. But I think that song is beautiful!! It reminds me alot of Casting Crowns' Praise You in the Storm, since they both talk about praising and trusting through the difficult times.

Ella said...

Alice, I so appreciate you prayers. They mean a lot. I am praying for you as well.

Mom, like you, I like songs that talk about trusting in the hard times. I just wish it were easier to do.

Anna Naomi said...

Yes, that song is really good. They play it on our Christian radio station quite a bit.

Ella said...

Anna, our radio station doesn't play it too much yet, but I am sure they will. MercyMe is one of those groups they always seem to play.

Beverly said...

Ella, you are in my thoughts and prayers. God often sends us the words we need at just the right time. I am reminded of your title, How Great is His Faithfulness!

Ella said...

Thank you very much, Mrs. Beverly. I actually needed the reminder of my blog title, which has lead to a post idea!