Once upon a time, there lived two friends. They shared a great relationship, built on solid foundations and the same convictions. This friendship came about through a comment on a mutual blog, and God used that to bring these two into each other's lives. They have never met in person, but many e-mails have passed between the two of them....and countless prayers as well.
However, as one of them was going to Starbucks in Indianapolis on a certain day, the other girl, this author, thought,"Why not I go to Starbucks as well?" Now of course, the one could not jump on an airplane and join the other one. Yet she could synchronize her watch and go to her local coffee shop when her friend was at hers. And that is just what she did.
At 8 o'clock, mountain daylight time, this author walked into her local Starbucks (in the next town, as her city doesn't have one quite yet) and ordered a Pumpkin Spice Creme...no coffee. At 9 o'clock, central daylight time, Erin walked into a Starbucks Indianapolis and ordered.....I have no idea. As this author was not there, she cannot give a first hand account. However, knowing her friend, I will guess that her drink was definitely something with coffee. =)
Yet while these two were miles apart, separated by states, time zones, and the mighty Mississippi, these friends were at Starbucks together. Both were with friends (I was with my wonderful mother) and both were in the other's thoughts...and prayers.
After her time at the coffee shop, this author came away with something. She wants to do this again, whether it be with Erin at Starbucks, or Alice and a movie., or any other friend. This author loved being with a close, God given friend at the same time, doing the same thing....and she would encourage ya'll to do something across the miles as well!











10 comments:
What a neat idea! Sounds like fun. =)
Ooh, yum, was that pumpkin spice cream delicious!! I'm glad Starbucks isn't too close----or else I would be wanting to go there for one of those yummy drinks way too often.
And, I agree, we need to do this with other friends as well. So, since I am friends with Jessica's mom, my vote is to make a date with them and you and me. That way 2 moms and daughters can enjoy a time at Starbucks together.
Of course, I could "get to know" Alice's mom by doing it with them as well. What a great idea!
Anna, it was a lot of fun!
Mom, I like the idea of doing it with Jessica and Mrs. Powers. Also, I agree it is great idea to do it with Mrs. Valine. I also agree that if Starbucks were closer, we would spend more money than we should!
Sounds like fun! Hopefully after everything has settled down from the wedding, we can get EVERYONE together for "single girls night." I'm working on it for everyone I can think of!
Hello Ella!
I enjoyed our time together at Starbucks. I thought of you too and wished you were there with me in person.
Because freezing I orders a hot mocha frappuccino and while I sat there shivering, I wrapped my cold hands around the hot cup to try and get warm.
Oh, yeah, and by the way... It's Starbucks "Coffee" Shop :D I had my shot of caffeine!! It's a good think caffeine makes me tired.
I will be emailing you here shortly with some pictures of my trip. Talk to you later.
Alice, I am looking forward to having a girl's night with you...once everything slows down there, of course!
Erin, I loved having Starbucks with you! Was it cold in Indianapolis or something? And yes, I know it is a coffee shop; I just don't like the taste of it!! Thank you for the pictures of the trip. They were great!
Wow!! What a wonderful idea! I would love to do that sometime. Sounds like fun! And boy, do I love Starbuck's! lol
I also like Starbucks too...prbably more than is good. Why else did put money on the gift card again when I finished it!
lol I would probably do the same thing!!
What a wonderful idea!! I think that is so sweet -- thanks for sharing that with us!
Post a Comment