Monday, September 10, 2007

Do Not Worry....Easier Said Than Done

“Do not be anxious for anything…” I must admit that I do not always live that verse out. All throughout my life, I have struggled with worry and fear. It used to be really bad. In fact, I recall that when I was younger, I once saw a snippet of a tv show and two girls were in an automobile accident; they were misidentified. For years, I used to think that would happen to either of my parents. Yet as I have grown up, and grown in my faith, bit by bit my fears have gone away. (You all know that certain things in Yellowstone help me with that.)

However, that said, I don’t feel comfortable in isolation. I have heard too many murder and kidnapping stories. My own state had an incident last year. At any rate, our “original” campsite here in the Redwoods was the epitome of isolation…or it was that way to Mom and me. Our spot was at least three miles of the beaten path, in the thick growth, and there wasn’t going to be a ranger or a camp host for the majority of our stay. I did not like that one bit. While I do not want to be in a crowd to the point of claustrophobia, I do like people around me. Mom feels the same way. So, we moved the camper to a more “frequented” campground. I feel much more at ease, and I honestly think the rest of the family feels the same way.



The second campground

Perhaps it appears as if my “worry and fear” got the best of me. Perhaps it did. I will confess that last night it took prayer to get me asleep…and recalling to mid songs that I used to sing at age 5. However, the Lord knows how much I want to continue to gain victory in this area of my life, “the hard things,” so to speak. However, I have seen continual small victories in this way; for fear doesn’t really rule my life anymore. Yes, I do get stressed about situations, and I want to take it into my hands, which you all know :-) Yet, I do give Him all the glory, honor, and praise that He is slowly helping me, refining me, in this area of my life.

I want to hear from ya’ll though. Do any of you struggle with worry or fear? In what form does it take place? And what do you do about it?

8 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

I tend to worry too much about the future... as you well know. Being alone and out sometimes make me on edge as well. I'm learning to trust God in everything - prayer always helps calm me down.

Ella said...

God is really helping me with this. However, I am human:-)

Alice said...

Yup, I struggle with that. Reading verses about God's provision and faithfulness helps, as does handing my problems over to Him.

Ella said...

So glad to know that I am not alone!

Beverly said...

Ella, I think that worry is my besetting sin! I find something to worry about in every situation. Sometimes I actually have to stop, sit down and pray about the things I am worried about. I sing "I cast all my care upon you" when I am driving along :-) Lately because my husband is at school late at night, I have really had to pray as I am home alone until he gets home!

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

I struggle with stress, worry and fear a lot too!! I'm glad I'm not alone in this! When I'm feeling this way, I always go to my mom and pour my heart out to her. This helps me SO much, as she helps me to think logically about these situations.

Ella said...

Yay! More people who struggle in the same areas as me!

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

haha. Absolutely!