We aren’t in California yet; I think we have another 3 hours to go. Yet while the Redwoods are our destination, I must say that I love Oregon! Living in Boise, where trees, dense trees, are few in far between, I am enjoying pine trees on both sides of the interstate, pine trees on the mountains…you get the picture…I hope! I guess the love of green is still deep within me. After all, I lived in the South for ten years, and that is definitely lush.
I marvel at the variety we have here in the United States. Southern Idaho is desert, yet only a few hours away, are firs, pines, and junipers. The Southeast is filled with cypress, azalea, and dogwood, while the Southwest has cacti. North Carolina and Tennessee are renowned for the Smoky Mountains, but across the state line in Kentucky, you have horse pastures galore. Nebraska and the Great Plains are flat, yet wheat and corn fields are everywhere there. Truly, we live in a very diverse world. (Both landscape and people wise, I guess.)
Honestly, I cannot believe that the Lord has allowed me to see the wonders of his creation. I certainly do not deserve it; my sin is ugly to me, it has to be to Him. Yet God’s mercies are new every morning. He enables me to see another day. He has also allowed me to live in a beautiful, free nation. Unlike the Soviet Union with its citizens, I have the ability to travel and see new places. I can experience the Sequoias (the big trees we are going to see) the ocean, and a new state all at the same time. I am so thankful to God that I can see, touch, smell, and hear these beauties.
Perhaps God is also growing me. I am slowly, painfully, learning that I don’t know what my future holds. I have seen that with my church situations, but what if God does have moving in my future? I don’t really want to think of moving from Boise; even with all its failings, it is my home. However, maybe, just maybe, moving is the next step that I am to take along my life’s road. As I do not hold the script, I don’t know what will happen if I do move. I do know that God’s way is better than Ella’s way. (I just don’t always remember that:-) If I am completely truthful with myself, I would say that I would not mind living in Oregon. Okay, it is way more Liberal than I like, but I do find it beautiful. (Way too expensive though)
I seem to be rambling. I guess God is opening my eyes and molding my heart. He knows that I want to live in absolute submission to His will. Perhaps Oregon’s “greenness” is making the first necessary step to my doing that.











10 comments:
Beautiful picture! You may have to move to Oregon? Wow... that would be hard. But, you're right, God has good plans in store for us!
No, Anna, I am not moving to Oregon...at least, not unless God writes it on the wall. I just wrote this because I do not know what God has in store. I dislike the thought of moving out of state, but if God wants it, I know He would give me the grace and strength to accept it. That is what I meant. (I sure hope others don't think I am moving too! I will let people definitely know if that happens.)
Creation always makes me think about life, too. :-)
Creation always makes me think about life, too. :-)
Yes, there is such diverse landscapes and beauty in our country. That is why I never have to go to Europe or any foreign country (well....maybe China to adopt a baby). I am totally content to enjoy the beauty God has given us in the good ol' USA!
Alice, I have a tendency to have these thoughts out and about.
Mom, I agree. Yeah, Europe would be great (for history purposes) but I love the USA!
God's creation is breathtaking -- I am so glad you were able to enjoy it. What a lovely picture. I am glad God is giving you grace to deal with all the things going on in your life right now -- thinking of you!!
Wow! I so appreciate your honesty!! (The pic was beautiful!!!) I too, am so very very amazed that the Lord of all creation, who is infinitely righteuous, holy and pure would choose to save someone so vile, wretched, and sinful as myself. This realization always leaves me speechless.
The Lord, in His grace and mercy, is teaching me as well that His plans are FAR better than anything I could dream up for myself. We moved from Texas to Tennessee 2 years ago, and when we did so, I was very angry and upset at the Lord for taking me away from friends and family. However, the move has brought about radical changes in me, my family, and our convictions, and has brought about the most amazing blessings!! I hope to soon be writing about this, as I want to share it with as mant people as I can, so that it may be an encouragement to them as they struggle with trusting the Lord. All glory and praise belongs to Him and Him alone!!!
Rebekah, our family has had similar moves in the past. I could have responded better than I did at first; I know that now. However, the change He is slowly (painfully) taking me through is not without joys! He alone can get the credit for that!
Amen! Thanks so much for your testimony.
Post a Comment