Yet, today there was a twist. At least three of the roads we went done were either no good or unsuccessful. For instance, we went up a road that was supposedly a good place for whale watching. (Still after that elusive mammal…) Anyway, when we got up to the lookout, it was like we were in an airplane. There was fog all across the ocean, and we were above it all, in blue sky. It was quite cool. We joked that it looked like snow, and that an individual was in for a surprise if they thought, “Oh, I am going to walk in the snow!” They would go falling down the cliff to the rocky bottom below.
The other thing we’ve been driving for today is a seafood restaurant. It is a tradition that every time we are on the Coast, we get seafood. (Besides, the food we packed doesn’t seem to be unfrozen as of yet) However, we have gone up and down the town, and even back into Oregon, and either restaurants are closed or exorbitantly priced. In fact, we still haven’t found anything yet. I think we might be waiting until tomorrow. NOTE: we did not do seafood that night; taco meat was thawed.
We did go walking on the beach today, and no issues with swimsuits. We went in the morning when it was slightly foggy and cold. We also went searching in tidepools. We found a few sea anemones, sea cucumbers, starfish, and some crazy looking seaweed. However, our past finds in tidepools on other vacations have fared better. Perhaps, as we are here for a few more days, things will change. After all, every low tide brings new wonders from the deep of God’s creation.
For the record, the little bit I was in Oregon was so much better than California. We are discovering higher gas prices, more rude drivers and helpers, and green democrats. That doesn’t fit me and mine, does it? I just told Mom today that I do not belong here in California. It is too decadent of a place for me. I know I have no control over where my future husband will want to live, but I really hope California isn’t it…unless there is a really conservative spot that I do not ever hear about!











6 comments:
Beautiful pictures again! The fog/clouds is so neat!
I enjoy going for drives!!! I just don't want long, 12 hour days.
I am not in favor of a long car ride anytime soon!
Anna, the fog was a wild thing to see!
I couldn't agree more!! I'm way too conservative to live in California (of course, I shouldn't say that so soon, as the Lord might deside to move me and my future husband there lol). Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful pics with us!!
Right, my future husband could move me there as well! If that be the case, God, I know, would grant me the grace!
So true! What blessed assurance that is!
Post a Comment