Lord, please bless my music
May it touch the heart of one's soul
May using it to glorify You
Always be my goal
Let it be a constant reminder
Of the power of Your love
And remind us that You're always
Watching from above
May others see the beauty
In every note they hear
And when they hear my music
May they feel Your presence near
Lord I ask for your guidance
In all that I do
And pray that You'll make my music
An instrument for you!
This is the cry of my heart right now. Tomorrow night, I will do what I have done for the past seven years. I have my annual festival/competition. The music I have worked on faithfully....and yes, with tears and poundings of frustration......will now be put to the test. I am not new to the feelings of nervousness and running the music over and over in my head. I am also aware that spiritual lessons often come as a result of this. However, I do love this event every year. I am sad that it shall be my last. More than anything, I long for this year to be an amazing one. Beyond the fact that I am playing on a baby grand in a nice dress, or that the music I will be playing is the hardest I have done. (Or if I can make it all the way through my pieces again:-) The Lord has shown me these past few years the opportunity I have to glorify Him with my music, even if it isn't hymns. If I do my best, and leave the results up to Him, that is all He asks of me. Thinking this way isn't always easy for me, but I am resolved to do my best!
I would greatly covet your prayers tomorrow night! There is so much to remember in both the music and theory realm, I do not want to be so caught up in it that I lose my primary focus of giving God the glory. He alone has enabled me to play!
Soli Deo Gloria!











5 comments:
Oh my! You will certianly be in my prayers! I'm sure you will do beautifully though. Remember..."I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!"
Beautiful poem! I'm assuming you wrote it? Great job!
I'll definitely be praying for you tomorrow. No matter you get, play your best for God's glory! I know you will - it's just a reminder. =)
I'll definitely be praying, Ella!
Play for Jesus!!!
Miriam Rebekah
Daddy and I are praying for you too. (He prayed this morning!)
You'll do great.
Love,
Mom
Thank you all so much for your prayers! You have no idea how much they were appreciated! I will fill you all on how everything at another time.
As to you, Anna, no I can't take credit for the poem. I found it in a catalog. =) I love it!
Post a Comment