
Today is my 18th birthday. Lest you ask me, I will say right now that I do not feel any older, I don't look any older, and that is okay with me! By now, you can assume what is coming next. You now have the pleasure of getting to know more about me. Perhaps you will discover something you never knew before. So far, I haven't done anything special, but everything awaits this evening. Thank you all for reading my thoughts and being a blessing in my life! Soli Deo Gloria!
Favorite Food: Chicken and Nuggies..."
Garrett's favorite too"
Favorite Color: Sky Blue and Pastel Pink
Favorite Music Group: Steven Curtis Chapman and Celtic Woman
Favorite Movie: "WAY TOO HARD!!! So, I will break it down :-)"
Favorite Musical: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Favorite Girly Movie: "I will not even attempt to break that down :-) I mean, there is Wives and Daughters, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice."
Favorite Adventure Movie: National Treasure
Favorite Old Movie: "Basically anything with Humphrey Bogart or Jimmy Stewart
Favorite Fiction Book: "WAY TOO COMPLICATED AGAIN! Anything by Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott, or Martha Finley"
Favorite Non-Fiction Book: So Much More, by Anna Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin
Favorite thing to do: Read, bake, play the piano, write, spend time with my family, watch old movies
Favorite Sport to Watch: Golf "believe it or not," gymnastics, and college football

Favorite College Football team: Boise State Broncos
Favorite Baseball team: "Hard to say now. Probably the Dodgers."
Favorite Football team: Indianapolis Colts "though I can go NY Giants now too."
Favorite Family Vacation: "Yellowstone any time we go. I also loved Clearwater Beach in 1996"
Favorite Thing we Do as A Family: "The spontaneous things;-)"
Favorite Book of the Bible: Ruth and Philippians
Favorite Restaurant: El Tenampa (local Mexican) and Macaroni Grill "though what I wouldn't give for Panera Bread"
Favorite Type of Tea: Candy Cane Lane or South African Honeybush
Favorite Animal: "Our precious beagle, Nikki"
One Place I Want to Visit Before I Die: Washington D.C. "You should see me when movies take place there. I get wide eyed!"
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Tillamook's Lemon Pound Cake, but since I don't get that very often, I will take a peanut butter sundae
Favorite Flower: Roses and Lilacs
The most Quirky thing I do: Give the running commentary during movies. "It drives my family crazy!"
And I can't believe I am putting it...The Most Embarrassing Thing I have ever done: When I was six, I stuck a bead up my nose. It was one of those kind with a big hole. I couldn't get it out myself; I kept getting it higher. And since we were at a church family camp, an obstetrician (who was part of our group and the only doctor available) had to get it out. I didn't keep the bead, but sometimes, I wish I had for laughs!
~~The Pictures are past birthdays...from 2004 to 2007~~
17 comments:
Happy birthday, my precious daughter!!
I love you very much and thank God continually for the gift of you. It is a privilege and joy to have you for a daughter.
Love,
Mom
Happy Birthday, Ella!
I like Macaroni Grill too! ;)
Happy Birthday, Ella! May God continue to bless you in the year ahead. Enjoy your day :-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Ella!! You are such an amazing and special friend, and I am so blessed and honored to know you! I hope the Lord richly blesses you with an amazing birthday! You'll have to tell us all about it! :)
Love in Christ,
Rebekah
P.S. I love candy cane lane tea, too! Oh-I don't think I've told you this before, but when I saw your comments about D.C. and the National Treasure movie, I thought you might want to know. :) When we went to Mount Vernon in April, they had just gotten done filming scenes there for the 2nd National Treasure movie! In fact, the lights, etc. were all still up and in place on the lawn. It was cool! :)
Happy Birthday, dear Ella! I enjoyed getting to know a little more about you! =) Pastel pink is my favorite color as well, and sky blue is high up on the list!
Oh, and because I keep forgetting to tell you, I finally got to hear the song "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. It's so beautiful! I looked up a music video on youtube that a homeschooling dad told me about, and it was so pretty, to see him singing and shadows of a little girl, teen, then woman dancing alone and with him. If you ever get a chance to see the music video of it, it's lovely!
Happy birthday Ella!
I love the huge list of movies you did. But that's probably since I love all of those movies myself ;^)
I hope you have a blessed day.
In Christ,
I want to thank you all so much for my birthday wishes. I am having a lovely day so far! I am so thankful for your friendship!
Mom, I am so glad that you are my mother!
Natalie, isn't Macaroni Grill good? Mom and I usually order a pasta dish and a parmesan crusted chicken salad and split them!
Rebekah, oohh! That would have been so neat to see. My piano teacher was in the library of Congress the week after filming; that's what everyone was talking about. So, did you see National Treasure 2 then?
Anna, I love the song, Cinderella! I don't let Mom listen to it; it would make her cry! I will have to look for the music video!
Happy Birthday, Ella dear!
I shall go sit at the piano and play "Happy Birthday" while singing. :)
You know, to be honest, I still haven't seen it! lol Have you?
I've never heard of that song by Stephen Curtis Chapman before. It sounds wonderful!
Ella,I wish you a lovely birthday! May God be near you and lead you ever closer to Him in the coming year!
Happy birthday, Ella! I know that God has amazing things in store for your future! I am excited with you as you discover them day by day!
Happy belated birthday Ella! Sorry this is a day late...I had a comment all written out last night...but something happened to it. :-(
I am so happy that we were able to "meet" each other...you are such a blessing!
I loved all your answers...especially the ones for your favorite sports and favorite adventure movie. (with the exception of golf that is!)
You mentioning Yellowstone, makes me think that we probably are due for a trip there soon. Not going there last summer seemed strange. I hope we can go this year...and to the Bar J!!
Thank you all, once again, for your sweet comments. I had a lovely day yesterday; I truly felt blessed!
Miriam, I am SO bummed I missed you on the phone last night :-( Dad and I ran to JCPenny for a quick ten minutes :-( We shall have to talk another time soon!
Rebekah, yes I have seen National Treasure 2. It was pretty good, though a low dress drove me absolutely nuts for 5 minutes. If you get a chance, you should see it. Also, listen to Steven Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella." It is a favorite.
Neesie, I know....when it comes to golf, I am in a category entirely by myself!
Sorry this is a little late, but Happy Birthday!
You are such a blessing in my life!
Kaysie
This comment is kind of late! I just wanted to say that what I especially like at Macaroni Grill is "Penne Rustica". It's penne pasta with chicken, and I think shrimp, and something else(??) and it's VERY good! :) You should try it sometime if you haven't had it before.
A very late happy 18th birthday to you. I hope it was special and you enjoyed your cake. :-)
Your birthday is the day after my mom's. My 21st birthday's tomorrow, March 2nd. Maybe I should post a "getting to know me" thing on my blog like you did.
~Kelsey
Post a Comment