Okay, so I am really bad about doing this on the first of the month. What with posting vacation pictures and writing about the 4th of July, I felt you all were inundated enough! But now....you aren't so lucky anymore!
Love Takes Wing, by Janette Oke~~So, after I watched the sixth movie, I felt like the producers had combined the remainder of books into the one film. I had to find out. Now, Janette Oke's books aren't what you would call "deep reading" but I do enjoy reading light, delightful fare every now and then.
Mistaken Identity, by Don and Susie VanRyn; Newell, Colleen, and Whitney Cerak~~This real life story of mistaken identity fascinated me when it happened two years ago. How could a girl be presumed dead and yet she was really the one alive in a Michigan hospital? How could a family think their daughter was alive for five weeks and yet be wrong? When the families wrote their story, I waited forever for my loan at the library to get here. It was a very interesting read. Yet, what I liked the most was the faith that both families had and continued to have all through the difficult times. You would have to read it to understand the story, but their relationships and trust in God is amazing!
Pygmalion, by George Bernard Shaw~~Call me crazy, but I didn't know that "My Fair Lady" had been based on a play. I discovered that fact as I read through a guide to some classics I wanted to read. I got the play; it was really interesting to read in that format. I did keep thinking the songs in my head, but I liked Mr. Shaw's ending much better than Hollywood's. I am not a Henry Higgins fan.
Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte~~I finally finished this book and I loved it!! It is a long read--over 600 pages, but it is definitely worth it. The morals of Jane are wonderful to read about, the plot line is very intriguing. I would recommend this classic novel. So far, I have watched one movie adaptation and have another one in our Netflix queue.
Rebecca, by Daphne Du Maurier~~I watched the movie for the first time a couple of years ago. I like to then read the book (or vise versa) The book is good, though there is some language in it and none in the movie. I have to say, though, as a warning, that you will find out some things about a deceased spouse that aren't that great. But nothing is graphic or even really there. Just wanted you to be aware!
Love Finds a Home, by Janette Oke~~I decided to finish the Love Comes Softly Series while on vacation. They were delightful reads! But yes, I do think the movies have merit too.
Okay, so I didn't read that many non-fiction books this time. I finished all of my novels required for school! Oh well. I love to read all sorts of genres! Fiction gets a big turn now!
Monday, July 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











6 comments:
The only one of those books that I've read is Rebecca. I read it when I was in my 20's and then, of course, had to see the movie. They differed considerably, didn't they?
Actually, Mom, they weren't too different. The book had language, which the movie did not. I am trying to remember about the "ending..." guess I need to view it one more time!
I haven't seen or read either one... ya'll are making me curious! :)
Kaysie
Kaysie, I would actually recommend the movie in that case, then. It is very well done and gets almost everything accurate!
I've been hearing a lot about the families of Mistaken Identity. I might just have to read it...
Maria Pauline, I would read Mistaken Identity if you get the chance. Reading about their faith through the whole ordeal was amazing!
Post a Comment